13dpo and super low temp....

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2009, 09:41 AM
AngelM82's Avatar Veteran
Good morning all! So today I am CD50 and 13dpo and I had a couple of quick questions I wanted to run by all you ladies. This morning I had to wake up about 45 minutes earlier than usual so that I could help him get ready because he is working on something different this week. Anyway, I took my temp when I got up like usual and it was way way low. Now that being said, I did just flatline for the last two days just above my coverline so had no idea if they would be going back up or go down today when I took it. But I haven't seen the start of AF yet today so am not sure if my temp was a bit off or if it really is low and should for sure expect AF now. I was wondering if you guys think that taking my temp just 45 minutes early would make a sificificantly lower.

I want so desperately for my temps to shoot back up and that maybe this could still be my cycle but if not I just want to know and have AF come so I can start trying new things... I just dread waiting through another 50 day cycle! I was thinking of trying Soy Isoflavones to bring on my O a little bit sooner and help with that a bit. Any thoughts on this? I have read that all that extra estrogen is not good for you but I also read that taking it for just the 5 days at the beginning of the cycle is not enough to cause trouble. So all in all, I want to give it a shot. I'm trying to figure out now, if I do take it, how much and which day to start it for those 5 days. I have no clue how you are supposed to decide on this.

Thanks for your opinions in advance, happy hump day girls!!

Angel (27)
Married to Ryan (30) since January 2008
TTC since June 2008, miscarriage July 2008, and a temporary break due to deployment but back at it since June 2009 with all we got!
October 7th, 2009, 09:55 AM
jenine's Avatar Super Mommy
Low temp could be due to taking your temperature earlier, but I wouldn't think that much lower. What is your normal LP length, do you know? Maybe it's time to take a test? Do you have any pregnancy symptoms?
Expecting #1 in Sept 2010!
October 7th, 2009, 10:01 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know about the Soy or anything, but the 45 minute difference in waking won't really affect your temp. As long as it's within 1 hour of your normal time, you can count the temp as accurate.

Also, with that temp drop, as much as I hate to say it, you should expect AF to show tomorrow.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
October 7th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks... I think your right because I just went to the bathroom and when I wiped it was red (little bit TMI). So I am praying that it is at least a normal AF though... my last several ones have last just a couple of days that were just spotty, mostly brown, and slightly clotty. I do naturally have shorter periods so if this one could be normal and be 3 or 4 days than I would be thrilled.

Jenine, I don't know my LP length at all so I was kind of curious to see how long this one would be so I guess this one wasnt too bad right? If AF is officially started today at 13dpo would my LP be considered 13 days or 12 days?

Thanks you guys!!

Angel (27)
TTC since June 2008, miscarriage July 2008, and a temporary break due to deployment but back at it since June 2009 with all we got!
October 7th, 2009, 10:25 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I think the early temping could affect your temp. For every hour earlier your temp is around .2 degrees lower so theoretically it could have shifted your temp by a tenth or two tenths of a degree. I still think your temp would have been a little lower even if you temped at your normal teim.

As much as I don't like to be the bearer of bad news the lower temps may mean that AF is on the way.

Have you seen your doctor about your long cycles? You may just need a little help to get you ovulating sooner.

If you want to try something natural I have heard good things about Vitex. I haven't tried it myself because my cycles are fairly regular but I have heard good things about it.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 7th, 2009, 10:42 AM
jenine's Avatar Super Mommy
I think FF will call your LP 12 days long if you mark "light" flow today. Which is fine, between 10-14 days long is normal. Good news, hope your next cycle is shorter!
Expecting #1 in Sept 2010!
October 7th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks so much for getting back to me... You know, I thought I was ok and just not going to let this get me down until I told my DH about this. He has been very interested in hearing my temps and always wanting to know how I am feeling so when I just told him that my temp dipped and that it looks like AF has come he got really sad... Knowing how much he wanted this makes me wish so much more than I could have had this be it, partially just for him. Now I cant stop crying.... Ugh, I hate this part.....

Jenine, thanks for the info about my LP though. That makes me feel a little better that at least that part is looking ok! See, a silver lining right?

Patty, I haven't been to the doctor yet. I was planning on making an appt after this cycle if it still didnt look like I had O'ed since the last few cycles I believe that I didnt. But now that it looks like I finally have and saw that I had a decent length Lp, maybe things can start to regulate now. I wanted to try the Soy Isoflavones because I have read it has similar effects to Clomid and that is what I imagine a doctor might give me if I went in. Do you know what Vitex does by any chance? I am researched the soy right now and think I'll look the Vitex up along with it and see what it is all about.

Thanks girls, I really appriciate your taking the time to look and listen to my pity party!

Angel (27)
October 7th, 2009, 11:03 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelM82 View Post
Thanks so much for getting back to me... You know, I thought I was ok and just not going to let this get me down until I told my DH about this. He has been very interested in hearing my temps and always wanting to know how I am feeling so when I just told him that my temp dipped and that it looks like AF has come he got really sad... Knowing how much he wanted this makes me wish so much more than I could have had this be it, partially just for him. Now I cant stop crying.... Ugh, I hate this part.....

Jenine, thanks for the info about my LP though. That makes me feel a little better that at least that part is looking ok! See, a silver lining right?

Patty, I haven't been to the doctor yet. I was planning on making an appt after this cycle if it still didnt look like I had O'ed since the last few cycles I believe that I didnt. But now that it looks like I finally have and saw that I had a decent length Lp, maybe things can start to regulate now. I wanted to try the Soy Isoflavones because I have read it has similar effects to Clomid and that is what I imagine a doctor might give me if I went in. Do you know what Vitex does by any chance? I am researched the soy right now and think I'll look the Vitex up along with it and see what it is all about.

Thanks girls, I really appriciate your taking the time to look and listen to my pity party!
((HUGS)) you definitely do like like you o'd and lots of gals get pregnant with longer cycles. As long as you are ovulating and are comfortable with waiting on your body to ovulate I don't think you *need* to see a doc. But, if you want help to start ovulating sooner the Clomid might be just what you need. I certainly think giving the soy isoflavones a shot sounds like a good plan. I would try that for a cycle or two first and see how you feel.

When I do "experiments" with my body I try to just change one variable at a time so if you want to start trying the soy I would do that first before trying Vitex just so you know what is doing what. I have also heard good things about evening primrose oil.

Here is a couple links I found.
Trying to Conceive with Vitex and Chasteberry
Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) - Its Role In Trying to Conceive

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 7th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about your temp drop My cycles are long too, thought not as long as yours, but yes they sure are frustrating!!!! I just started taking Maca root and Evening Primrose Oil this cycle. Maca root is supposed to be like a birth control pill in that it's supposed to help regulate your cycle which I need, and EPO is supposed to alleviate PMS symptoms (including sore BB's which if you look at my chart from last month I pretty much had all cycle ) and it's also supposed to help create healthy blood flow... which like you, my AF is short, usually brown and clotty which isn't good either.

Good luck whatever you try and hopefully next cycle is yours!

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 7th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions Patty! I agree that I am going to go ahead and wait a cycle or two with trying the soy and also that I wouldn't try the Vitex with it. Like I said, I definately do want to research it though. Same with the Evening Primrose, I have read about that all over the place but haven't heard at all what it is supposed to be for.

Tammy, I am pretty curious about those things you suggested as well. Helping with my flow and maybe regulating cycle length would be so great!

So I just went in to the bathroom and don't even have an actual flow yet... I feel the menstral cramps pretty strongly now though. I still just have the red when I wipe and a tiny bit in the toilet but only a tiny spot of brownish on my pad. Sorry for way too much information there.. Im just praying that I have more of a real period this time so I'll feel like I am getting to a more normal place with my body.

Thanks again ladies!

Angel (27)

Tags
13dpo , cd50 , soy isoflavones , temp drop

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search