Do you guys think I am stupid

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2009, 03:29 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
to keep charting? I think I have lost my marbles. I am going to be taking bcp for the next few weeks and then I am going to be doing IVF. I keep asking myself why I am doing this.

Oh and please don't say yes you are stupid. Say something like well blah blah blah something nice but no you are not stupid. Okay.

P.S. FF doesn't have a check box for bcp, go figure.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
November 16th, 2009, 03:36 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
P.S. FF doesn't have a check box for bcp, go figure.

You crack me up. I don't think it's stupid! I very much think it is becoming habit for me and you've been doing it longer than I have been, so it's probably hard to imagine not doing it. If temping keeps you sane, then by all means, keep doing it! I think it would be interesting to see the differences in your temp in a cycle using bcp and your other ones where you weren't, but I'm kinda weird like that...lol.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
November 16th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think you're stupid. You've been doing it so long that it's a part of life for you. It might be interesting anyway to see what your charts look like on bc and then all the medications you have to use for ivf.

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

November 16th, 2009, 03:59 PM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
I don't think you are stupid at all!!! Especially since I am still charting myself. Who knows, maybe our charts will be able to tell us something! (I can't believe how low my temp was this morning, that estrogen is some crazy stuff. I even laid in bed and took it again 30 minutes later and it was almost the same)

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
November 16th, 2009, 05:01 PM
You guys make me feel so much better about myself. I am curious to see what the bcp do. I also just need this to help me get through the next few weeks. I can't do anything else anyway.

November 16th, 2009, 05:38 PM
iVari's Avatar TTC # 1
Send a message via Skype™ to iVari
Totally temp This is something you always do, and it will be interesting to see if there is a big difference when on bcp.
Me: 37. DH: 46. TTC #1.
Unexplained infertility
Cycle 1 - Cycle 35: BFN
Cycle 36: Immune system protocol - 10mg Prednisone, 10mg Claritin, 20mg Pepcid x2.

My Ovulation Chart

🌸
I'm too positive to be doubtful. I'm too optimistic to be fearful. I'm too determined to be defeated.
November 16th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
I always wondered exactly what BCP does to our bodies and O'ng anyway and now we all get to find out. You absolutely ARE NOT stupid.
November 16th, 2009, 06:00 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I say anything that keeps us even remotely sane and rational through the TTC induced haze is perfectly ok to do (or keep doing!). I mean honestly, I am still bleeding on this "AF but not AF" and I've been temping each morning. I KNOW I'm not going to get pregnant or O right now...yet every morning, I pop that thermometer in my mouth!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
November 16th, 2009, 06:25 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I don't think so, it makes sense to do it to keep in the habit, especially since it's not like you'll be on BCP for a super long time.

Oh and it doesn't have a box for BCP, but it does have a box for "other meds".

You'll know what that means if you check it!

November 16th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriel13 View Post
I don't think so, it makes sense to do it to keep in the habit, especially since it's not like you'll be on BCP for a super long time.

Oh and it doesn't have a box for BCP, but it does have a box for "other meds".

You'll know what that means if you check it!
I made a custom box under meds for birth control pills so I am good now.

November 16th, 2009, 07:13 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're not stupid. Just don't be shocked if it doesn't show you much. The synthetic progesterone can affect both CM and temps. So you may not observe Peak or much fertile CM at all, and likely won't see a thermal shift, even if ovulation does occur anyway.
November 16th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm curious what someone's temps do on BCP and what your cycle looks like and I wish I had been temping while on it so I'm excited you are!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 16th, 2009, 09:26 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Patty, this could be as interesting as those nice "hpt experiments", Im excited to follow your chart and learn something new!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

November 16th, 2009, 09:36 PM
BCP's contain progesterone, the same hormone responsible for the rise in temps after ovulation (except in a synthetic form). So on BCP, temps stay evenly bouncy without shifting. They usually drop when the placebo pills are taken and this causes the withdrawal bleed, then temps go back up again when the active pills start.
November 17th, 2009, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
BCP's contain progesterone, the same hormone responsible for the rise in temps after ovulation (except in a synthetic form). So on BCP, temps stay evenly bouncy without shifting. They usually drop when the placebo pills are taken and this causes the withdrawal bleed, then temps go back up again when the active pills start.
You are ruining all my fun. I wanted to be the mad scientist with a new discovery. I really do think my chart is going to be wacky and boring but I need something to keep me busy while I am stuck taking the dreaded stuff.

November 17th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You are definitely not stupid, Patty. I think it'd be rather interesting to see what your chart looks like while on BCP and then during all the meds for IVF!

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
November 17th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
You are ruining all my fun. I wanted to be the mad scientist with a new discovery. I really do think my chart is going to be wacky and boring but I need something to keep me busy while I am stuck taking the dreaded stuff.
But maybe you will be the mad scientist and it won't be wacky and boring! I'll be stalking too, so you'd better keep that chart updated! I always wondered just how quickly the BCP starts to impact CM.
November 17th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are loads of questions this chart can answer!!!

You're definitely still the Mad Scientist!!

November 18th, 2009, 06:18 AM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
You're not stupid! I would keep charting, cause it's the only thing that would keep me sane. I would need something to occupy my time, and keep my mind off waiting for so many weeks to do the IVF.
November 18th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
But maybe you will be the mad scientist and it won't be wacky and boring! I'll be stalking too, so you'd better keep that chart updated! I always wondered just how quickly the BCP starts to impact CM.
I could let you know if my AF would ever end!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I am going to need a transfusion by the time all is said and done.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search