positive, positive, negative

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So yesterday at 5am I got my +OPK smiley face, took another at 5pm & got another + smiley face. BMS last night @ 930pm, another OPK test @5am this morning but negative. And no temp rise yet.
Hmmmmm, that whole part of going from + to - still confuses me, does that mean O happened then sometime between 5p last night & 5am this morning??? Ahhhhh, I said I wasnt going to be a nut case this month (yea right ) But I sure am going to try for another round of BMS tonight, DH doesnt know it yet though

November 18th, 2009, 06:15 AM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
It's my understanding that once you get a positive OPK then you will be Oing in the next 24 -36 hours. It just detects the hormone that tells you, you're going to O. Some people can O sooner than 24 hours though.
November 18th, 2009, 07:11 AM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
OPK measures a surge of Luteinizing Hormone. That surge happens about 24 hours before ovulation so having a neg OPK and no temp rise after a positive is very normal. The LH surge signals your ovaries that it is time to release the egg. It doesn't go up and stay up, it just gives a one day or so rise to tell that eggie to get going.
I had a surge yesterday and my temp stayed the same today, I haven't tried an OPK yet this morning. I'm thinking our O day is today.

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
November 18th, 2009, 10:32 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I think you will probably o tomorrow. I don't always ovulate right after I get a positive opk. If you look through my charts you will see there are a lot of cycles where I ovulated 2 days after getting a positive opk (and sometimes as late as 4 days after).

I also do not care for the smiley face opks. I think they detect your surge too early. I know that a lot of people like them and doctors often recommend them but they are my least favorite opk.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
November 19th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep... with everything that has already been said.

November 19th, 2009, 10:30 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
I think you will probably o tomorrow.
Wooohoo! I love when I call it right! It sure looks like you o'd to me!!!!!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search