Happy and mad

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2010, 12:40 PM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I charted most of last month. I started right after my period stopped b/c that is when we bought a thermometer. I was afraid I wasn't ovulating b/c my periods can be very erratic, but I was happy to see a ovulation spike and then a dramatic drop the day before my period started. I even told my husband "My period is going to start tomorrow" and he didn't believe me. lol That's kind of a nice tool to have/know so I can be prepared. My luteal phase was a nice 14 days, I just ovulated a few days later which is okay. I'm going to keep temping, but I'm glad to see that so far everything looks okay.

I'm just mad now, b/c I don't know why it isn't working then. *sigh* I would feel so much better if there was an explanation for why we haven't been able to get pregnant for 5 years (my last pg was about 5 years ago but we lost it, and we've had a few losses before that). My RE couldn't even give us an explanation. Technically there is nothing wrong. It just won't work.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
December 17th, 2010, 01:49 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You know....you just happen to be in the same city where Dr. Mary Martin practices. She just happens to specialize in the Billings Ovulation Method and utilizes this for reproductive investigation. Her philosophy is that there is always a diagnosis, just that many doctors (even RE's) give up too soon because they don't know what else to look for. That doesn't guarantee everyone who sees her will be able to conceive, but she has helped many couples conceive who were told by other RE's that their only options were IVF or adoption. Perhaps it's time for a second opinion?
December 17th, 2010, 02:16 PM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's exactly what the RE told me, that we'd have to just go straight to IVF, and we can't afford that.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search