Late Ovulation - Another question in post 5

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2011, 06:28 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
I keep reading conflicting info about what is considered late ovulation, and whether or not it can/will affect getting pregnant. Last cycle i didnt O until CD 17, this month i am on CD 18 and I think I am Oing today. Does anyone know if this is a problem, should i make an appointment with my OBGYN, or is it normal?

FWIW when i got pregnant with DS my cycles were about the same length as they are now, but i wasnt charting then so i dont know when i was Oing

Last edited by Irish_Wristwatch; February 1st, 2011 at 09:51 AM.
February 1st, 2011, 06:31 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I don't really know the answer. But I can tell you that some girls just got pregnant last month on AIP who O'd on day 20 and 23. I'm trying to keep hope alive as I am on CD20 and still no temp rise.
February 1st, 2011, 07:38 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CD17 or 18 isn't actually late. Later ovulation doesn't reduce the chance of conception, it just means that if you ovulate really late - you'll have fewer opportunities per year for trying. But you're not really late. We conceived from ovulation on CD38 once, and twice near CD60.
February 1st, 2011, 09:34 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shawna is exactly right. As long as you O you have a chance of getting pregnant. Charting increases your odds because you can see O hasnt happened and keep trying.

If you thought your cycle was the average 28 days and stopped trying after cd14 you'd never know that you were missing by X number of days each time.

You both still have a chance!!!

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

February 1st, 2011, 09:50 AM
thanks, i think i just needed someone to explain it clearly to me, I have another question though

my cervix always feels slightly open, It feels more open when im Oing but is it possible for it to always be open after giving birth? or does it just feel open but is actually closed

February 1st, 2011, 01:46 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's normal to feel slightly open all the time after you've had a baby. You can track everything successfully without the cervix check, but if you prefer to do that - just focus on your observations comparatively. How open/closed or soft/firm does it feel today compared to yesterday? How does it feel compared to last week? Then you'll learn your own changes and what they mean.
February 2nd, 2011, 05:49 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay I always feel a little open now too

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

February 2nd, 2011, 10:00 AM
thanks, i was starting to worry that if it was always open it would cause some sort of issue keeping a pregnancy, it seems like i am always open about a fingertip

February 2nd, 2011, 10:03 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't see a temp for today. I hope you O'd!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search