Confused by TCOYF

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, I chart on FF and TCOYF. My TCOYF calendar is confusing the crap out of me. How can I go from high fertility to low fertility back to high fertility. Has anyone else ever had this happen on TCOYF?
TCOYF

February 6th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Veteran
I can't see your tcoyf chart. However, i do have that software, and it changes it's mind all the time.. i have yet to figure out HOW or WHY it does, but it does.
February 7th, 2011, 04:56 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Liz you might drive yourself batty charting on both. If I was you I would likely pick one and stick to it.

I cant see your chart either

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

February 7th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry my link did not work. Can't figure that one out. lol Today when I entered my temp things went back to normal. I know that charting on 2 different sites may seem like a bit much, but there are certain things I really like about each. I really like the calendar on tcoyf, and I really like the chart on FF. I will keep doing both, but I rely on FF more.

February 8th, 2011, 12:27 PM
hotpinktulips's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally agree with Carrie! Last cycle I used both and it just confused me more!

I personally like FF better.

~Special thanks to *Kiliki* for my adorable siggy~

Last edited by hotpinktulips; February 8th, 2011 at 12:30 PM.
February 9th, 2011, 08:39 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Every time CM is present, you are fertile. When it disappears, you enter infertility again. When it re-appears, you become fertile again. That may explain the changing fertility status.

Charting with both FF and TCOYF will likely be confusing. TCOYF is based on actual science and has fewer interpretation errors. As you can see, it also has a much more comprehensive list of CM descriptions to choose from. FF doesn't even include the most important part of observing CM, the vaginal sensation option! FF's calculations come from I don't know where and it will often tell you ovulation has occurred when it actually hasn't yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search