Can I do anything now?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Crystal_Lynn's Avatar Ari and Zev's Mommy
Okay okay this is kinda silly... I'm 4 months PP, I am BFing and have an IUD. (So I haven't had a period yet.) However we want to start trying in May when our new insurance starts. I don't know much about TTC as Ari was a bit of a surprise. Any suggestions, tips? Can I start charting, do I need to? Any advice really would be great.

.My Pregnancy Blog.Last update: 01.05.12.

Some babies are born to soon and/or too sick. Arm yourself with knowledge, visit marchofdimes.com!
February 7th, 2011, 06:04 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi I am Carrie the host. I dont know if charting will be of any use until you have the IUD out and get your first PP period. I dont think it will be accurate until then because you wont have AF to tell you when new cycles start and you likely arent ovulating because of the IUD etc.

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

February 7th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Crystal_Lynn's Avatar Ari and Zev's Mommy
Thats what I was thinking, bummer. Thanks.

.My Pregnancy Blog.Last update: 01.05.12.

Some babies are born to soon and/or too sick. Arm yourself with knowledge, visit marchofdimes.com!
February 7th, 2011, 08:27 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If the IUD has hormones, the hormones will suppress your signs of fertility (CM and temps). Also there is supposed to be a thick plug that seals off the cervix during the infertile parts of your cycle (to protect the uterus from infection). The IUD strings hang through the cervix and disrupt the plug, so you may notice mucus much of the time that isn't actually related to fertility.

If the IUD has no hormones, you can track your temperatures and possibly even CM. The IUD does cause inflammation to the uterine lining to prevent implantation and this inflammation can also extend to the cervix, causing secretions that are not related to fertility. Hard to tell what's CM and what's related IUD's irritating effect on the cervix and mucus plug.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search