New to Charting

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2011, 03:14 AM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
Hi everyone I'm Jesi. Just thought I'd pop in here since I'm starting to chart since my husband and I are planning on getting pregnant sometime after March and hopefully before December. So I made an appointment to get my IUD removed (Mirena, loved it, but no periods at all for the two years I had it). Got that removed last week on the 2nd of February. Started my first period on 5 February. It lasted 5 days (none yesterday, but I'm spotting again today, so I don't know whether to say 7 days instead).

I got in the mail today my OPK's and a thermometer. Wasn't sure when I should start using them (what time of day I should check my temp). So here I am looking for a bit of advice from you lovely ladies.

Forgot to mention that before I got pregnant (about 3 years ago) my cycle was pretty regular every 33 days (give or take 7 days sometimes) and periods only lasted 3-4 days. But I did notice that of all three of my kids if I had sex while on my period I ended up pregnant that year (sorry TMI).

Scarlett Diane

Last edited by Londons Butterfly; February 11th, 2011 at 03:18 AM.
February 11th, 2011, 03:59 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey jesi, thanks for coming

do you have a fertilityfriend.com account? thats what i used to key in my temps when ttc.

start temping now but make sure you mark the 5th as cd1 by reporting your flow you take your temp at the same time every morning beore getting out of bed and record it. FF.com also has a lot of info on charting you can read up on.

checkin your cervical fluid is good too. if shawna reads this she has a good link that i cant seem to find.

opks you can start after cd10

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

February 11th, 2011, 08:06 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can start anytime. The hormones in the Mirena can still affect your cycles for awhile, so don't be surprised if you experience some irregularity. You can also track your CM, but your cervix will be healing from double effects of the Mirena as well - so the CM patterns may not be textbook.

Here is a guide to tracking CM:Key to Fertility Control - the Mucus

The Mirena keeps the lining of your uterus thin to prevent implantation. This effect can linger for awhile after it's been removed, so it's recommended that you wait 3 months after removal before TTC. If you conceive too soon, the chance of miscarriage is higher because the lining is too thin to support pregnancy. Waiting gives your uterus time to build up a nice healthy lining again. Hopefully your doctor mentioned this when you had the IUD removed!
February 11th, 2011, 08:53 AM
oh wow Shawna. i didnt know all that information

February 11th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
Thankfully I had done research about getting the Mirena removed and had learned about that beforehand. I was going to wait until April to get my IUD removed but decided to get it done in February so that we could have a couple of months of recovery time before trying to get pregnant.

And no, my doctor tried to tell me that we can start immediately if we wanted to. I told him that we were not in fact going to be starting immediately because of the increased risk of miscarriages after getting the Mirena removed. Of course for me its normal for me because military doctors suck.

Scarlett Diane

February 11th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Jesi! Just wanted to welcome you!

February 12th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Hi

Ok, well I got a bit anxious to try an OPK so I figure what the heck. Read the instructions and did everything right I believe. First I have to note at how tiny those strips are, I could have sworn they would be bigger lol. Mine had a line, but it was faintish, so not ovulating, but could that mean that I could be soon because it wasn't something I had to squint at to see it was darkish but not as dark as the control line?
Anywho today is CD8 and I did take my temp this morning but since that is only the first one there is nothing to compare it to so I won't add that.

Scarlett Diane

February 12th, 2011, 06:55 AM
mom2pne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Here's a thread I started on another forum asking about OPK's!

I'm also on cd 8. GL!
February 12th, 2011, 11:13 AM
start keying in temps now anyway hun

February 12th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Personally, I have never had a positive OPK based on the lines. I bought a digital one because I know that I was ovulating, but never got an opk where the test line was darker than the control.

February 13th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I found it weird a bit today, I tested and there was no line whatsoever. There was a control line, but no other line, which is weird because there was definitely a darkish line yesterday.
But my temp changed kinda dramatically from yesterday. It was at 97.3 yesterday and today at 96.63. I took it at the same time and before getting out of bed. And since I don't know my cycle length yet I have to assume that the earliest I could be ovulating is this week if I go to a 28 day cycle.

Scarlett Diane

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search