Ovulation Testing

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2011, 10:13 AM
When should I start taking the ovulation tests to check my LH? This is the first cycle we are going to start TTC.
August 23rd, 2011, 11:18 PM
This places is supposed to be helpful, yet no one wants to answer my questions. :/
August 24th, 2011, 07:37 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry that you feel ignored, but sometimes we don't always have a chance to reply right away to someone's question. Yours is a hard one to answer too because you don't know your usual cycle patterns, since this is your first month TTC. For this cycle, I would start using an OPK between CD 7 & CD 10 just to get in the routine of it and be able to compare each test. Make sure you limit fluids throughout the day and take the test in the afternoon. When I am closer to ovulation, I will test both in the afternoon and again in the evening. I tend to get better positive OPK's in the evening, but that's not always the case for everyone. Good luck!
August 24th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Thank you. I've been charting for a while now with phone apps, so I have a good idea when I'm going to O I just havent' used a OPK yet.
August 24th, 2011, 02:59 PM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry I am the host and recently had surgery and only get on once a day in the evening so this is the first I saw of your question. If you know how long your cycles usually are you can get an idea of when to start by that. if you have a 28 day cycle then I would start on day 10 and go from there.

I never used OPKs myself but good luck

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

August 24th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Sorry I didn't mean to be so poopie.. just nervous about the whole thing.

My mom bought me the OPKs. ha ha

I'm a lesbian and doing home insemination and just scared we're not going to try at the right time, so any help and advice is great. My normal cycle runs about 32 days. I've been researching all kinds every day and still not sure if I've got this. Probably just the pre TTC jitters!
August 25th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Yes, I would say testing sooner rather than later would be best. You can never be too careful, especially since you're inseminating. You probably don't have an endless supply of sperm like us straight gals do.

August 26th, 2011, 06:52 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstruseimpulse View Post
Sorry I didn't mean to be so poopie.. just nervous about the whole thing.

My mom bought me the OPKs. ha ha

I'm a lesbian and doing home insemination and just scared we're not going to try at the right time, so any help and advice is great. My normal cycle runs about 32 days. I've been researching all kinds every day and still not sure if I've got this. Probably just the pre TTC jitters!
The jitters are totally understandable and normal. It is so easy to get overwhelmed with all of the information out there and to know which methods will work the best for you. Sometimes it is exhausting to be constantly temping, testing OPK's, taking supplements, etc. But, in the long run it'll be worth it! Before I started TTC, I had no idea what it would entail. Good luck! I hope the OPK's help you time the insemination perfectly!
August 26th, 2011, 05:55 PM
good luck I hope that you can get an idea when you are gearing up to O with temps, OPKs and checking your CM

September 4th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Well ladies, I figured it out. I am 4 dpo and having some interesting symptoms.. I really hope they are good and true

Thanks for the help
September 5th, 2011, 04:58 AM
I hope your timing worked. please do keep us updated and good luck

September 5th, 2011, 09:54 AM
I hope so too! We even used Preseed to aid us in our adventures! Keep your baby dust coming my way!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search