Fertile CM gone but no temp spike?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2011, 09:36 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Let me first say that when I read TCOYF, it made it all seem so easy and that everybody's body followed a clear pattern (unless there was something wrong), and since I had always had very regular cycles, I would have no problem interpreting my fertility signs. Well, it's way more complicated than that. Last month my ovulation was delayed, but I had all the CM signs leading up to it. This month I had the typical pattern of CM, but yesterday I just dried up. I had a little bit of sticky, but not a lot, and today I'm dryer than dry (sorry if TMI). So by CM standards, I ovulated two days ago, but I don't have a temp shift to confirm that. My temps have been up and down all month (yes, I've been temping correctly). I was at the doctor a few days ago and I have a large cyst on my right ovary, could that be causing a delay or even an anovulatory cycle? Any thoughts you all might have would be greatly appreciated. You ladies always help me to feel sane!
September 13th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I would say every woman is different, and every cycle is different. My fertile CM (and lots of it) last cycle was around CD16-18, but I didn't O until CD 23 (confirmed by temp spike). This month, I have not had fertile CM at all and still haven't O'd. I almost always have a lot of CM at some point in my cycle, so this is definitely weird. So unfortunately, I don't think that CM always matches up with O. Nonetheless, I've heard a lot of ladies on this site confirm that, and still get pregnant.

As for the annovulatory cycle, it certainly could be. I don't know how the cyst would impact ovulation. I do know that ovulation generally alternates between left and right ovaries, so if only your right ovary is impacted by a cyst ... well, I don't want to speculate because I'm not a medical professional. I'd just talk to your doctor about it if you don't see the post-O temp spike. We all have strange cycles once in a while.

Good luck to you.

September 13th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I'm glad I'm charting. My cycle would seem so normal otherwise, but in reality, I have a short luteal phase, and now a discrepancy in CM and temp. Now I have something to talk to the doctor about, instead of saying "I have a normal cycle". I'm wondering if it's all related to progesterone issues. Maybe it takes a while after O for my body to work up enough for a thermal shift.
Due with #2 on July 10

September 13th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I'm worrying about progesterone issues myself. I told DH that I wasn't going to make an appointment with the doctor until we had three unsuccessful cycles. I'm obviously hoping the third one is the charm. If it's not, though, I'm going to see my doctor next cycle, and I'm taking my charts with me!

I always thought I had a normal cycle too (because it's always 30 days), but I've discovered through charting that I have a short LP. I know progesterone can help with that. I've also been taking 100mg of B-6 in addition to my prenatal vitamin since the beginning of this cycle. It's supposed to lengthen the LP. I think it's working because I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating today (cramp/pinch in my lower left abdomen, a temp dip this morning, and finally some EWCM right after I posted my previous message here). A 9-day LP is still really short, but anything I can do to help it along has got to count for something.

I did purchase some progesterone cream from the vitamin store, and I've been contemplating using it this cycle to help "stick" a pregnancy if the egg is fertilized. I am really torn about doing this. It could be my progesterone is fine, and I don't really want to introduce something without talking to my doctor first. But the cream is known to be safe (it's over-the-counter), so I just don't know what to do. I guess I'll decide tomorrow when I hopefully get that temp spike I'm expecting.

Good luck to you. I hope things start making more sense the longer you chart. Or, heck, I hope you get your this cycle!

September 13th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I'm in the same boat with the progesterone cream. I used a b complex vitimin last month and it didn't do anything. I still had spotting starting several days before AF and my LP was still short. Plus, I think it was giving me strange bladder cramps. I want clear charts to take to the doctor, but I definitely don't want to risk miscarrying. We're taking this month off from really trying for that reason, but I'm paranoid about a condom breaking, catching an egg, and me not being able to sustain the pregnancy. At the same time, I don't know which creams are safe and which aren't. Meanwhile so many of my friends are having babies or just gave birth, and it seemed so easy for them to get pregnant. I'm genuinely happy for them, but it still hurts on some level.

Good luck to you too! Maybe that three month apt will really be to confirm your BFP!
Due with #2 on July 10

September 13th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I know what you mean about all the friends (and family) announcing their pregnancies and having babies. I'm happy for them, too, but it's definitely bittersweet. The biggest shocker for me was my brother-in-law's girlfriend. They were not trying at all, and she thought she had fertility problems. But lo and behold, she's pregnant. They don't even know that DH and I are trying, so it was really hard for me to be genuinely happy for them, especially because it was unplanned.

I say good luck to both of us. Maybe the not trying this month for you will be a good thing. Just getting out of your own head can be the best remedy sometimes. As far as your LP issues go, know that you have someone else here who feels your pain.

September 13th, 2011, 02:05 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's completely normal for your temperatures to lag behind by a few days. It can take a few days after ovulation for progesterone to rise enough to affect your basal temperature. NORMAL!

That said, it's also possible to have fertile CM and not ovulate. To confirm ovulation with CM, the CM must go through 3 very specific stages. You can have gobs of EWCM and that doesn't automatically mean you ovulated. The CM must go through all 3 stages, not just 1 or 2 of the stages.

To confirm ovulation with the CM, it must:

1. Develop and change over a matter of days (minimum 3).
2. Become slippery or lubricative (this is a feeling you get while walking around, not something you detect with fingers!)
3. Dry up abruptly
September 13th, 2011, 06:50 PM
After a day and a half of NOTHING, EWCM came out of nowhere. I'm not sure why that would happen, but I guess it doesn't really matter.
Due with #2 on July 10

September 13th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Hallelujah! Embrace the EWCM.

September 14th, 2011, 09:18 AM
And the thermal shift came this morning (assuming it stays up). I really need to learn this whole patience thing...
Due with #2 on July 10

September 15th, 2011, 07:42 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sometimes the thermal shift takes a few days to register even if the temps are rising. I am glad you got your CHs!

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

September 15th, 2011, 08:18 AM
meeee toooo.......... At this point I'm just happy that I have good evidence that I did ovulate, and not as concerned about the when. But I'm still analyzing my CM from the last three days. I go back and forth as to whether or not it's been sticky or EWCM (obviously two very different types). It has been very stretchy and clear BUT it isn't wet, it's dry and sticky. But doesn't sticky just kind of crumble? Maybe one of these months I'll figure it all out, or get pregnant and not have to worry about it until next time
Due with #2 on July 10

September 17th, 2011, 04:48 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When charting for ewcm some gave slippery stretch fluid that is easy to see. What is more important, as Shawna always says as the wet sensation between your legs... I usually have a wet spot on my underwear and you feel slippery between your legs

Sticky doesnt necessarily mean dry

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search