Fade-in OPK results but then no positive?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2011, 03:34 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Hello! I have a question about my OPK testing. I am in my 7th cycle of TTC. Every cycle, I have a fade-in pattern on the tests around the time I'm supposed to ovulate but then it fades away before it gets to be really dark. I've read that both lines have to be dark to be considered a "positive". I wonder if maybe I just keep missing the LH surge? I've tried testing both in the morning and in the afternoon. It seems like the best results I have gotten in the morning. I just get really excited that it detects the LH but then get disappointed each month that it doesnt get very dark (then start to worry a little bit).

Please let me know if you have any ideas or if this has happened to you. If so, were you still able to get pregnant? We are trying for our 1st baby so I'm just hoping that I do ovulate!

Thanks!

Lindsey
September 19th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Congrats on trying for #1. DH & I are also TTC #1 (for three cycles now).

Regarding your OPKs, maybe as they start to get a darker, test mid-morning and late afternoon, twice a day? You'll be far less likely to miss your surge. Also, do you track your BBT and CM? BBT is a sure-fire way to show when you O'd. After a couple of months of charting, you'll feel much more confident about when you're ovulating.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
September 20th, 2011, 06:16 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i was going to suggest temping and charting your CM. it will help you see if you are missing your lh surge or if you arent Oing

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

September 20th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Thank you both for your advice! I appreciate it so very much

I just started charting CM and BBT this month. I feel discouraged with the BBT bc I do not have a normal sleeping pattern. I wake up constantly throughout the night so I'm not sure how accurate it will be but I haven't given up on it! My temp did seem to go up a little bit this morning, though. I'm going to see what it does for the rest of the month and see if it continues to increase (I'm CD 15 today and it has been up and down temps all month so far). I got my darkest OPK line on CD 13. I took 2 tests that day (One in the AM and one in the PM). The AM test is darker than the PM. I then took another test on CD14 and that one is very very faint (nearly non-existent). So hopefully that means I O'd (or going to).

Also, I have been charting CM this month as well. It is quite difficult for me to figure out the difference b/w all the different CM options, but tried to chart the best I could. I'm not really sure if i noticed an "egg white" consistency or not.... but definitely noticed a huge increase in CM.

If I don't get a BFP this month, I will use your advice as to testing midmorning and late afternoon and see if I can catch that surge. I wonder if I need to try different OPKs to see if that helps me figure that part of it out. I also hope for better rest so I can have an accurate chart!

Thanks so much! Best of luck too!!

September 20th, 2011, 10:39 AM
kristiemarie518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just about to buy a digi to retest to confirm a surge and then said, to heck with it. I think you should just start bd'ing like mad when you see any sort of fade on that test line. Just bd until the cows come home.

September 20th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonAngel702 View Post
I feel discouraged with the BBT bc I do not have a normal sleeping pattern. I wake up constantly throughout the night so I'm not sure how accurate it will be but I haven't given up on it! My temp did seem to go up a little bit this morning, though. I'm going to see what it does for the rest of the month and see if it continues to increase.
Even if you have erratic sleep patterns, the post-O sustained temp increase should be pretty evident. Hope you don't get too discouraged just yet. It takes at least a couple of months of charting to start seeing definite patterns.

I know that CM can be confusing, too. If you check out the string titled "Grr..." on this board, there's a really good discussion about CM.

Good luck!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
September 21st, 2011, 10:38 AM
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE! My temp spiked this morning and fertility friend has noted an ovulation on Saturday! I think it might be a little off since my darkest OPK + was Sunday, but I will take what I can get! I'm just happy to see an increase in temp! Woohoo! Also, KristieMarie, you made me LOL! haha...We for sure BD no matter what the test says (just in case)! I love how supportive everybody is on here. I <3 JM!

Now the 2WW....
September 21st, 2011, 01:05 PM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
happy waiting

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search