I think I may have Oed Earlier...?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2011, 11:15 AM
BBKT's Avatar Veteran
HI All,

My Ovulation Chart

I use FF and another app on my phone. My phone app calculated my O date as the 10th, but FF is saying the 16th. It felt like it was earlier than FF but later than my phone, around the 13th or 14th. What do you all think? FF first gave me solid crosshairs, then changed them to dotted. This doesn't surprise me as I was not actively checking my CM. I know I should be, but I find it difficult to distinguish between CM and semen. Any tips? Thanks!

7/2013
September 21st, 2011, 11:27 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKT View Post
I know I should be, but I find it difficult to distinguish between CM and semen. Any tips? Thanks!
Hope you find this link helpful.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
September 21st, 2011, 01:09 PM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am pretty sure with your timing you have your bases covered no matter when you actually Od.

For me personally distinguishing between the 2 really only is an issue for me that night and the morning after. after going pee and wiping a couple times, its probably CM by then.

The wet between the legs feeling is more what I look for then what the actual CM looks like.

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

September 21st, 2011, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifesGood View Post
For me personally distinguishing between the 2 really only is an issue for me that night and the morning after. after going pee and wiping a couple times, its probably CM by then.
Me, too. If we BD at night (which is typical), I just wait to check my CM the next day around noon, after using the restroom a few times. I've never noticed semen instead of CM.

September 21st, 2011, 04:37 PM
BBKT's Avatar Veteran
Thanks for the info! Most nights that we BD, I have what I thought was semen coming out for about the next two days, sometimes longer. I guess I'm sometimes mistaking CM for semen?

7/2013
September 21st, 2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKT View Post
Thanks for the info! Most nights that we BD, I have what I thought was semen coming out for about the next two days, sometimes longer. I guess I'm sometimes mistaking CM for semen?
I would guess every woman (and her cervix/vagina) is different, so it's possible you're seeing semen for longer than I do. That's why I think the link I posted above will be helpful for you to distinguish between the two.

September 22nd, 2011, 08:06 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
The others gave great advice...I'd say just by looking at your temps alone, that FF seems correct about your O day. It is hard to say without the CM or CP. Did you have any other O symptoms leading you to believe it was earlier than FF friend said; any O pains or twinges, etc? Either way, you've covered you bases, I think!

Junie's link is a great one about distinguishing between the two. Also, his will tend to be more "springy" or "foamy" if you will. It may stretch a tiny bit, but no where near what EWCM will. It'll break much more easily than your fertile CM would. HTH and GL!!!!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

September 22nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
BBKT's Avatar Veteran
Thanks for all the info! Its very helpful. If I don't conceive this month, I'll be better prepard for next month for sure. What led me to believe I Oed early was my cramping. For the last three months, my O cramping has become more pronounced. Whereas I didn't notice it before we were TTCing, I definitely notice it now. It seems to have gotten stronger, but it may just be that I'm paying more attention to it, so I may think it has become stronger. Anyway, I started cramping on CD 15 and it continued on CD 16. Then on CD 20 I had more slight cramping, but it was more like a constant pressure, tightness, and a heavy feeling. I was working around a lot that day so I thought that had something to do with it. No cramping on CD 21, when FF says I Oed. Is there another page that describes what O cramping feels like? Does it actually becme more intense over time, or could that be in my head? lol

Thanks again! You ladies are a wealth of info!!!

7/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search