Hi Ladies - another quick question!

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2011, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi all,
So I have been temping this cycle, and so far it has been pretty normal and easy until now. So you can see my chart through the link in my siggy if you are curious, but my question has more to do with how I got my temp. So last night I slept badly and ended up waking up at 330am (went to bed at midnight) sweating my butt off. I took my temp out of curiosity and it was 98.77. I then got up, went pee, and went back to bed. Then 2 and a half hours later at 6am I was woken up again and took another temp, which was only 98.17 (a significant dip). 6am is a normal time for me to take my temp, so I was going to count this one, but I was wondering if the fact I got up in the middle of the night would have impacted this temp? Should I discard this temp? Just not sure if that would matter or not. Thanks ladies!

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

September 21st, 2011, 04:05 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I personally wouldn't discard. BBT is your lowest temperature attained during rest, so it's not unusual that it was lower than your 3:30am temp. The best measurement would be to get a good night's sleep, but that's not always possible. I frequently toss and turn or get up to pee or get a drink of water. I still always just temp at the same time (6am for me too), regardless of my sleeping pattern.

What you can do on FF is mark the box that says "sleep deprived," in the "specifics" tab and then your temp will have a white circle instead of a blue one. That way, if your temp is off for that day, you'll know why without having to discard it.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
September 22nd, 2011, 08:21 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I'm an incredibly restless sleeper, but I always try to temp as close to 6:30 as possible, even if I was awake an hour earlier for the bathroom. As long as you're in bed and not doing stuff during that time, I don't think it affects BBT too much. I mean, how many people take their temp under ideal situations every day? I'd say consistency of time is more important than sleep quality. And if you just make a note of it (or have the white circles on FF), then when trying to interpret, you'll understand if that one is way out of whack.
September 24th, 2011, 05:58 PM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would do what junie suggested

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search