Hi

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Regular
Hi, I'm new to this board. My husband and I have been ttc for the past five months. We haven't charted or taken opk tests just kind of made sure that we would bd at least every couple days and around the time that I "thought" I was ovulating. I haven't gotten pregnant yet and I am considering trying to chart. Do you normally begin charting when you begin af or how does that work? If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. I'm not sure if we are going to use opk's too or just try temping and see how that goes first.
October 10th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Hi, I'm new to this board too and starting with just temping this month, I'm one cycle in to TTC.

I set up my chart today on CD1 but I don't think it really matters when you begin? Just when you feel so inclined to set it up. I found lots of good information in the sticky and also if you join Fertility Friend there are tutorial videos on there. Perhaps we could help each other as charting beginners?

October 10th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Hi! I'm Adrienne (32), and DH is William (31), and we just started our fourth cycle of TTC #1 after an early miscarriage last cycle. Welcome to both of you!

I only started charting on Cycle #2, and it helped me tremendously. I found out that I have a short LP and ovulate really late in my cycle, so I made some steps to correct that for Cycle #3. We were lucky to conceive, even if the little bean didn't stick around long. Charting has been an amazing way for me to figure out my body and really increase our chances of getting a sticky BFP one day (hopefully soon).

I recommend using FertilityFriend. Just click on my ticker below, and you can set up your own account for free. It allows you to track BBT, CM, CP, symptoms, medications, etc., all on one easy-to-read chart. After a few months of charting (and hopefully you'll get a BFP before then), you will see very clear trends that should really help you in conceiving.

I'm happy to answer any specific questions, once you get started. So just ask away.

Also wanted to say that I do chart BBT during AF, but some ladies don't. I like to see the trends over time for every day of my cycle, not just the non-AF days.

October 12th, 2011, 12:55 PM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I have been MIA ladies. It was thanksgiving here in Canada on the weekend and my maternity leave ended and I started back to work full time on Tuesday.

You can start temping whenever you want BUT the start of your chart, CD1 is the first day of your period. Good luck hun

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search