Erratic/Rocky BBT

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2011, 12:15 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
I'm wondering what it could mean if my temps are rocky and erratic post O? (please look at my chart below) It's really frustrating to wake up every morning to either a really high temp or a really low temp the very next day. Last month, my temps seemed to be more level. 2 months ago, my chart looks like it does this month (I just thought that maybe it was bc it was my first month charting). It's so frustrating that I'm wondering if I want to continue to chart after this cycle. It seems like my emotions go up/down with each temp after O. I'm wondering if it could mean my hormones might be out of whack?

Thank you for any thoughts you ladies might have!

Lindsey

Last edited by MoonAngel702; November 16th, 2011 at 12:21 PM.
November 16th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I definitely understand your frustration, but the important thing is that your temps have gone up in a linear fashion overall. They are above the coverline and climbing in general. So you might just have to tell yourself not to get too hung up on post-O temps.

Sometimes I get frustrated with charting, too, but I always tell myself that the knowledge gained over time is worth it. Imagine in a few months if you have to talk to your doctor about an action plan. Having your charts will seriously aid in that discussion. So don't give up charting, even if it is frustrating.

I hope this is your BFP month. While your chart might be annoying to you, it really does still look pretty good. In fact, I think it looks better than last month's.

November 16th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
I definitely understand your frustration, but the important thing is that your temps have gone up in a linear fashion overall. They are above the coverline and climbing in general. So you might just have to tell yourself not to get too hung up on post-O temps.

Sometimes I get frustrated with charting, too, but I always tell myself that the knowledge gained over time is worth it. Imagine in a few months if you have to talk to your doctor about an action plan. Having your charts will seriously aid in that discussion. So don't give up charting, even if it is frustrating.

I hope this is your BFP month. While your chart might be annoying to you, it really does still look pretty good. In fact, I think it looks better than last month's.
Thanks SOOO much, Adrienne. You made me feel a million times better. It's funny bc I went back to look at my chart and I see what you mean about the rising pattern of the rocky temps. I think I just get to a point every month (and it seems like it's always towards the end of the 2ww or when AF arrives) that I'm wanting to give up on charting...but I haven't yet. And I'm always thankful at certain times of the month that I didn't give it up. I would hate to put this much work into it just to give up on it! I will just have to not let my temp get to me in the morning..and know that certain temp might not make sense now but maybe will later on down the road.
November 17th, 2011, 04:59 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you wanna see rocky temps, check out my chart! I had to get a blood test last week just to know I ovulated. It's really frustrating! Yours are pretty even, and after O it doesn't really matter too much unless you are looking for implantation dip, or pre-period dip, or a rise to hint to pregnancy. If it were me, I would focus on the fact that it shows I ovulated, then test at the appropriate time. I don't worry bout rocky post-o temps unless they constantly dip below the coverline.

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

November 17th, 2011, 05:12 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the others. I wouldn't worry about the ups & downs. You do have a good pattern showing you ovulated. I also agree with Adrienne, that this cycle looks better than last cycle. I understand about the frustrations of temping, but it is such a good way to gain knowledge of your body and it's true that if you have to end up going to the doctor for a fertility consultation (fingers crossed you don't), then having those charts to show your doctor can be a valuable asset. The more information they have, the better.

When are you going to test? I hope you have good news to share with us!!!
November 17th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Thanks ladies!! I don't have high hopes for this cycle and I'm wondering if I even want to test early. I've had many disappointing months. But knowing myself, I will test by Saturday, which would be 11dpo. My LP is usually 11 days long so if I'm pregnant, I would think it would show up by then.

Thanks for the advice ladies! I really do appreciate it! And I will continue to chart/temp

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search