What temp should I use?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Twin Mama
Hello ladies, I would like your advice on what temp to use. I woke up too early... gr. So having read posts about this before I took my temp at 3:39am it was 98.2... the same as yesterday when I took it at 5:15am my wake up time.

I was curious so I went pee and fell back asleep, woke up at 4 something to kiss hubby bye for work and fell back asleep until 5:15am and temped. It was 98.4. This is the highest temp I have had and goes above my cover line. Should I use the 3:39 temp or the 5:15 temp?

Also, the 98.5 temp on my chart was an adjusted temp, it was a 4am one that TCOYF asked if I wanted to adjust so I did but it was originally 98.2. It seems 98.2 is a stable temp for me, I am wondering if I should un-adjust that 98.5 back to 98.2 that I should have been. Should I leave it right now since I am anovulatory and it really does not hurt anything?

November 17th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
The 98.4 temp at 5:15 seems about right to me. If you were to use an adjuster for your original 98.2 temp at 3:39, it would probably adjust you up to 98.5.

So I think using the 98.4 temp is probably just fine in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
November 17th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Twin Mama
Thanks, you know you are right. I plopped my temp into an adjuster and it went up to 98.5, I think sticking with 98.4 is better since I actually go that temp at 5:15. I wish my bladder would listen to me and keep quiet until 5:15! Oh that and car alarms, that's what woke me up.

November 17th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I have that problem sometimes, too. Weak bladders are a curse. I've been trying to cut off my drinking at about 7:30pm, but I still have to pee sometimes.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
November 21st, 2011, 09:14 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad you decided what to do. I use FF and never adjust just mark the actual time and it uses an open circle

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

November 21st, 2011, 05:51 PM
Twin Mama
ugh... i am wondering with my adjustments if something is wrong. FF says I didn't O this month, TCOYF slapped an eggie on there CD19. So in regards to this post, if I had NOT used the adjusted temp, it would not have put an egg because I would not have had 3 temps over my cover line. The 98.5 at the beginning f my temps, is another adjusted 3am-er, it looks out of place and at one point TCOYF rule of thumbed it but then removed that.

Its so hard to not obsess over every fluctuation of your temp. When I got 98.2 yesterday I was sad, because that put it below the cover line. But I woke up with no blankets on so I think that why. I got 98.4 this morning and was happy it went back up. Yikes!

I want my BBT chart to look like my pretty financial graphs at work... all orderly and such.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search