Best Service for Charting?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to start charting when I get AF next week. I see so many charting services out there and I was wondering your opinions on the different services. I was thinking of trying a couple out for the first month to see which I prefer.

Here are the ones I was thinking of trying:
Pink Pad
Taking Charge of Your Fertility
Fertility Friend

Also, I sometimes wake up with my mouth open. I was planning to chart orally because DH has to help me wake up, but would vaginally be best for consistent readings? I have an appointment with a women's health clinic in February about medications for a disorder I have and I have to bring two cycles' worth of charts with me, so I want it to try to get it right sooner rather than later.

Thanks!

November 17th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
The only one I use is FertilityFriend, and I like it a lot. I don't even bother with purchasing the VIP membership, just the basic free service.

I have seen some other women use TCOYF, so I'm sure they'll weigh in on that.

As for your temps, I know some girls here temp vaginally, so they might be able to help you in that regard as well.

Good luck to you.

November 17th, 2011, 07:23 PM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also use Fertility Friend. There have been times when their software interprets my info differently than I would, but for the most part, I really like it. I find it to be easy to use. I tried TCOYF, but I feel it is more confusing to read and also that site seems to take a lot longer to load for me for some reason, so I just stick with FF.

As for the temping, I actually do think that temping vaginally would bring you more accurate results, but I've never done it. I just think it's easier to temp orally (yes, I'm lazy like that). If you sleep with your mouth open a lot, though...I might do vaginal temping, especially if you are planning on bringing charts to your doctors.
November 18th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Twin Mama
Hi I just started temping this cycle and like you I sleep with my mouth open so I am temping vaginally and I find my temps are VERY stable. It is a little bit of extra work but I have peace of mind knowing my snoring and mouth breathing is not effecting anything.

I read the book TCOYF and use TCOYF. I Also use FF just to see how it works. I am liking TCOYF more, probably because I read the book. It has some tech issues sometimes but I like it's options for charting better. They are different in terms of options. TCOYF asked me to adjust 2 temps that were taken early, so I did. FF did not adjust my temps for my. As of this mornings temp FF has me Oing a few days ago... TCOYF has not updated with today temp (which was adjust) but I don't THINK it will put an O. I will probably dual chart for a while and eventually pick one to use exclusively. For now, its interesting to see how they differ with the same/similar info.

November 19th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Thanks! I think I"ll try both TCOYF and FF and see which I prefer.

When I have AF I use a Diva Cup. How would I temp vaginally while wearing that?

November 19th, 2011, 10:09 AM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ooh, that's a good question.

November 19th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Twin Mama
hm..., you know I never really insert it far in there. I dont know how far a divacup comes out. I am planning to not chart during AF since I tend to have a heavy flow and that just... well makes me uncomfortable.

November 19th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Well, in the morning the cup might be higher up, but usually the bottom is about 1/2 inch in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search