Do you feel warm down there after Oing or before AF?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Twin Mama
Soooo... FF is the devil and told me yesterday it though I O'ed on CD15. Harharhar... I put in today's temp and it removed it. But, I think something changed and I want you gals opinions. This mornings temp was higher than it has been previously, and I woke up on time so this is not a disturbed or adjusted temp! I feel warmer in general down there, also I am having more discharge/wetness so I am wearing a pantyliner.

Do you feel warmer down there after Oing, or right around AF? Do you feel more... wet/discharge after O or right before AF? I ask because this happened while I was on the pill, 10-15 days before AF. Now I am curious if it's just what my body does before AF... or if it is a sign that I ovulated? Or that my body is trying to O... I don't know I am curious. Am I alone in this or do you all ever feel 'warmer' down there?

November 19th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
The increase in progesterone after O definitely makes you warmer. The degree to which you feel warmer depends on the woman. I know that I get less CM right after O and then it usually picks up after a few days. This is also different depending on the woman. Increases in CM can signal both AF and pregnancy. Go figure! When I got my BFP a couple of cycles ago, I had a lot more creamy CM than usual.

To me, your chart does look like you O'd on CD 15. Do you not think you did?

November 19th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Twin Mama
It's my 1st cycle off BCP so, I am under the assumption that I didn't O at all. I didn't see a spike in my temp and the first few days my temps were kind of odd. I am annoyed at myself that I missed that one day, oh well. It also doesn't help I am missing over 5 days of temps, so any pattern I could have gotten is... not there all the way.

I guess I just don't believe myself or what I am feeling because it does not look like a normal chart. I know, there is no normal, your body just does what it's going to do.

I didn't know that about the progesterone and feeling warm. Will your body produce it even on the pill?

November 19th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I'm not sure about temp fluctuations when a woman is on BCP. I was on it for 9+ years, but I never charted or paid much attention then.

However, BCP itself is generally a combination of estrogen and progesterone. One form of BCP is only progesterone. Progesterone in the first part of your cycle will prevent you from ovulating altogether. Hence the effectiveness of BCP.

However, when you aren't on BCP, the first part of your cycle is dominated by estrogen, which is indicative of lower temps. After you ovulate, progesterone takes over in the event that the egg is fertilized because you need progesterone throughout your whole pregnancy to sustain the fetus.

So you will typically see a noticeable temp increase during the luteal phase, after ovulation, when your body is dominated by progesterone. After ovulation, most women with normal levels of progesterone will see their temps increase by at least 0.5 to 1.0 degree during the luteal phase. If a woman gets pregnant, the temp generally increases even more.

While you did just come off BCP, it's not unreasonable to assume that your body will ovulate right away. A lot of women do; some women don't.

I also wanted to add that you may not have seen a massive temp spike, but your temp steadily increases after CD 15. And the day after CD 15 saw a 0.4-degree jump. That's enough to assume ovulation. Yes, having more temps would help make more sense of your chart. However, I don't think you have anything to worry about. It looks like your body is normalizing quite nicely.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; November 19th, 2011 at 04:34 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search