Charting Question

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Tbaby's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not a charting pro but do you think that with me having insomnia and waking up in the middle of the night affects my temps?

Thanks for my siggy Jaidynsmum

The JOY of the Lord is my STRENGTH! Nehemiah 8:10

November 27th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was just about to ask the same thing.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
November 27th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I don't generally have insomnia, but what I've found is that on the nights when I'm really restless, my temps are higher than usual. So, yes, insomnia and frequently waking up will definitely affect your temps.

The general rule of thumb is that you need 3 solid hours of sleep prior to taking your BBT. I wouldn't go so far as to say you shouldn't chart, but you might just not put as much stock in temps as you do other factors, like OPKs, CM, CP, etc.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
November 27th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Maybe I should try OPK's. I've never used them before.

November 27th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I couldn't live without OPKs!

You can buy them for really cheap off Amazon. Here's a link: Amazon.com: Wondfo One Step Ovulation (LH) Test Strips, 50-Count: Health & Personal Care

That's 50 OPKs for less than $10, and Amazon ships pretty fast. I don't know where you are in your cycle, but OPKs will be really helpful for you in pinpointing O since your temps are sporadic.

If you do start using them, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about OPKs.

November 27th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Aww Junie thanks so much. You're so helpful. I appreciate it. I'm on cd 48 today. This cycle is all screwed up I'm like 2 1/2 weeks late so I guess I'm just waiting for AF to show

November 27th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbaby View Post
I'm on cd 48 today. This cycle is all screwed up I'm like 2 1/2 weeks late so I guess I'm just waiting for AF to show
Bummer! Is this an unusual cycle for you? Are they normally consistent? You're early on in TTC this child, right? I know that the stress/excitement (whether you realize it or not) can delay your O and make your cycles longer.

November 27th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Bummer! Is this an unusual cycle for you? Are they normally consistent? You're early on in TTC this child, right? I know that the stress/excitement (whether you realize it or not) can delay your O and make your cycles longer.
No my cycles are normally between 31-33 days long. I've always be consistent. That's why I'm so puzzled about this cycle and all the BFN's I've been getting.

November 27th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I bet it's just some stress you don't even realize... like the stress of TTC itself. Hang in there. I'll be hoping that AF shows soon so you can move on to the next cycle.

BTW, I like your new siggy. It's always nice to put a face with a name. You have a great smile. And your man is HOT!

November 27th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Yes me too. I don't think i've ever been ready for AF. Oh thanks about the siggy. I like it too. I tried to make one but that didn't turn out right lol. So i'll leave it up to the siggy makers lol. Yes my man is hot lol

November 28th, 2011, 06:41 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies. Jumping in...
If AF does come and you dont get you BFP try charting your CM too to help

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

November 28th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifesGood View Post
Hi ladies. Jumping in...
If AF does come and you dont get you BFP try charting your CM too to help
I notice that I don't have much CM. Always kinda dry. I don't know why.

November 28th, 2011, 07:57 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you ever notice feeling extra wet or lubricated, even if there's no CM to see? If so, that's the CM! The nerve endings at the vulva are so sensitive that you can feel CM as moisture or wetness when it would take 10 times the amount to actually see something.

But if you always feel dry (no wetness), there are a few common causes of that. If you've taken hormonal contraceptives in the last 18 months, your cervix could still be recovering from that. Hormonal contraception shrivels up the parts of your cervix where good quality fertile CM is produced and it can take some time for that to heal.

Antihistamines can also dry up CM, if that's something you take regularly.
November 28th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
Do you ever notice feeling extra wet or lubricated, even if there's no CM to see? If so, that's the CM! The nerve endings at the vulva are so sensitive that you can feel CM as moisture or wetness when it would take 10 times the amount to actually see something.

But if you always feel dry (no wetness), there are a few common causes of that. If you've taken hormonal contraceptives in the last 18 months, your cervix could still be recovering from that. Hormonal contraception shrivels up the parts of your cervix where good quality fertile CM is produced and it can take some time for that to heal.

Antihistamines can also dry up CM, if that's something you take regularly.
Oh ok. Yeah sometimes I feel that. But It seems like I never had that EWCM that people talk about. I have a little bit of stretchyness from time to time but not that often. I was on BCP in March & April but i've been off of them ever since then. I don't know. I think I probably need to see if my doctor can give me something to regulate my cylce if that possible. IDK

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search