EWCM after O?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2011, 01:26 PM
Peachie30's Avatar I love you forever, Henna
I'm wondering if anyone else has problems with FF taking away their crosshairs when they record ewcm after O date? Until I marked my cm, I had crosshairs on CD16. Is this something FF always does or is it just because I don't have any ewcm marked prior to or during my temp shift?
December 5th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it could be because you haven't Oed yet... good luck
December 5th, 2011, 02:46 PM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i replied the other day. i am so sorry. i didnt notice jm ate it. i cant say that you have od yet hun

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

December 5th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I really believe I O'd since pre-O temps are usually around 96.5, but I'm starting to think it may have been some time closer to Thanksgiving... I'm getting alot of cramping now, like AF is on her way, so that week of Thanksgiving was probably it.
December 6th, 2011, 04:47 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
It's normal to get EWCM in the luteal phase for a day or two because there's a second estrogen surge, and FF has been known to go crazy over it and take away ovulation. That being said, I agree with the other ladies that your chart does not show ovulation yet

December 6th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just saw this on FF! and thought of you!
Eggwhite Cervical Fluid after Ovulation
December 6th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks for your help, ladies! I've seen that article on EWCM after O, though. I was just wondering if it was common for FF to take away your crosshairs because of it... Oh well, we'll see... I still believe I O'd, though, since my pre-O temps are never above 97 (unless I'm sleep deprived). If I discard CD14's temp, I can see the two levels in temps... It's just hard for me to pinpoint O date since so many temps were at odd times. <sigh> I'm starting to think charting just isn't for me.

Last edited by Peachie30; December 6th, 2011 at 03:50 PM.
December 6th, 2011, 06:58 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't give up on charting altogether, maybe another version is better for you? FF doesn't have very good options for charting CM anyway, which is why it has to rely so heavily on temps. I just keep a simple CM record with the Billings Ovulation Method, no temps at all.

Here's a little tip that can help you be smarter than FF. Ignore how the CM before and after O might look a bit similar and focus on how it makes you feel. The CM before O should make you feel very wet and slippery. The CM after O should make you feel much drier. Save the "E" category on FF for the wettest days of your cycle. Use the other descriptors when you feel drier, even if they don't really describe your CM very well. That should keep FF from getting too confused.
December 6th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Thanks, Shawna! I'll have to keep that in mind! I try not to record cm because it always seems to have some creamy/ewcm qualities. Just before Thanksgiving, though, I was feeling wetter than normal but I thought it may have been leftover semen... But on the day of Thanksgiving, I had a huuuuuuge string of it hanging after I went to the bathroom (TMI, I know, but the stuff was almost touching the water in the toilet it was so long!). Up until that point FF considered CD16 as O day, but then took it away once I recorded that ewcm.... So, we'll see. I had some sharp AF pains this a.m. and diarrhea (which usually happens the first couple days of AF) so it's got to be coming soon! And if not, of course I'll be testing this weekend!!
December 8th, 2011, 05:43 AM
yeah that sensation and super stetchy stuff is a good sign for O. Its hard to read your chart because you are missing some levels during AF...

December 8th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I see your point, Lifesgood. There are waaaay too many temps missing to get a clear picture. And it's just my luck that the cycle I actually O is the one I decide to slack on! LOL! I've just got to be more consistent in the future.

Oh, and Shawna, I just opened an account with TCOYF, so I'll use both for a while to see which one I like better.
December 8th, 2011, 07:05 AM

Just an FYI, some ladies go nuts using both because they dont always suggest the same O date and the worry about which was right. That said enter in all your temps and info for this cycle and see what TCOYF says?

December 8th, 2011, 07:15 AM
I'll be sure to! It'll be interesting to see what it says. Thanks for all your help!
December 8th, 2011, 12:15 PM
TCOYF is based on actual research about fertility, so it tends to interpret things more accurately. Nobody really knows where FF gets it's calculations from. If it agrees with TCOYF, bonus! If it doesn't, trust TCOYF.
December 8th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Okay, I am soooooo sorry for keeping this thread alive, but I've just entered most of November's info into tcoyf. I've read what the legend means and feel pretty comfortable with the info they are displaying. What I am wondering about is all those options under the chart settings? Is it best to leave it on the default settings, or should I customize for better results? Also, it's saying O date was CD20, but fertile days were CD23 and 24... Is it because I tinkered with the chart settings without really understanding what I was doing?

ETA
Nevermind, ladies! After adding more info, I'm not getting an O date, just fertile days. If anyone knows, is it better to adjust your temps or keep them as is regardless of disturbances?

Last edited by Peachie30; December 8th, 2011 at 05:11 PM.
December 8th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Doesn't TCOYF automatically adjust them for you?
December 8th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Under cycle preferences, I have the option to have it done automatically or not at all. With FF they said adjusting wasn't recommended so I wondered if I should do that with TCOYF, too. They also have a lot of other options and some of them I have no idea what they really mean! I'll have to tinker with it for a few days to get totally comfortable, but I think I like it better than FF already.

Last edited by Peachie30; December 8th, 2011 at 09:11 PM.
December 8th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Don't listen to FF. Keep life simple and have TCOYF adjust them for you.
December 9th, 2011, 12:23 PM
when i get back to TTC I will have to try TCOYF

December 9th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I'd recommend it... Seems more in depth than FF and some features are free whereas with FF it's only included for VIPs. It is a little slower and clunkier to enter data, though, but I still like the analysis I'm getting! Pretty much confirms some of what I've suspected as far as O date.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search