Ovulation Pain?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Twin Mama
I have a question about ovulation pain, I know it can be very different for each woman if she gets it at all. But I have to ask those who have had it before or know women who have had it? Can it feel like awful period cramps? More so on one side but not specifically localized there?

I bet you can guess why I am asking... At 4:45 all of a sudden I had awful cramping, like I expected a heavy flow and clots when I went to the bathroom. It was slightly more so on my right side, but I kind of felt it all over. It lasted 30 min. I am fine now, no bleeding, a dull ache down there slightly more so on my right side but otherwise nothing earth shattering. I have felt slippery all day, but no actually CM when I check. Over the weekend I had some definite EWCM and felt slippery. TCOYF estimated O today... only the temps will tell I guess? Should my slippery feeling go away pretty soon, tomorrow, if I did O?

It could be my body playing tricks on me. Or my mind playing tricks on me.

December 12th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Caleb's Mommy!
Yes, if you did O, the slippery feeling will quickly disappear, and you should see a thermal shift soon. Even if you don't see CM, if you feel slippery, then you are fertile, and you should consider it your peak day (unless, of course, you still feel slippery tomorrow, in which case, that will be your peak day, or whatever the last day you feel slippery)

I get O pain every month, and I get it before, during, and even a few days after O. There are many things that can cause it. Sometimes it's a dull, achy feeling, other times it is a sharp, quick pain. But the only time it is really bad is when I have a cyst. If O pain isn't normal for you, you may want to get it checked out, just to make sure everything is fine.
Due with #2 on July 10

December 12th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Twin Mama
I wouldn't know what is normal for me as far as O pain goes. This is my 2nd cycle off BCP, was 18 when I went on the pill so I wasn't paying attention to O pain and signs when I was in high school. Just got my period every month, didn't even really track that too well. But thanks for freaking me out that I have a cyst, how fast do those things grow... lol jk... kind of

Hmmm, well I went from dry to now I have creamy CM, quite a bit of it. I had that the last half of my last cycle, maybe that's normal for me post O or maybe it's another annovulatory cycle.

I never thought I would be looking forward to 5:15am so much in my life. LOL

December 12th, 2011, 11:15 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ovulation pain usually lasts a short time, and can be quite intense. I know for me, I always get it much worse the first couple of times I ovulate after having a baby. I guess after resting so long, my ovaries have to work really hard to pull it off again. Maybe it's the same for you, if the BCP was very effective at suppressing ovulation for you.

You can feel fertile CM even if there isn't enough to see. It's very normal for the maximum amount of visible CM to disappear, but the slippery feeling continue for a day or two afterward. Ovulation occurs closest to the last day with a slippery feeling.
December 13th, 2011, 06:57 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
interested in today's temp

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

December 13th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Twin Mama
Well, 97.9 today, not super spike but higher than the last 3 days and just below my CL. I am hoping it keeps going up. It's early, still trying to figure out my sensation for the day, I usually can't pin point it until after work. But as of now it's not slippery.

Can I say I am loving my CL, I feel that it is a super solid CL.

If I had these temps and CL last month through CD15 I think I would have had an eggie, I hope my temps do something similar this month.

December 14th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Twin Mama
OK, I wanted to cry when I saw my temp today, went back down to 97.7! I am really trying to figure out my cervix, it's higher and softer than it was this weekend I think, it was open Mon and Tue and today feels more closed. I'm so unsure of my cervix right now I'm just making mental notes and not really charting it But my CM is still gone.

I can't believe I was upset about having to put in my temp today, I feel so stupid for being so worried about I can't stop worrying.

December 14th, 2011, 11:17 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Only time will tell. If you did ovulate, it's not unusual for the temps to drag behind by a few days before they rise. And if you didn't, your body might try again later and you'll notice more CM again. This is very, very, very normal after stopping BCP.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search