New to charting - i've got questions!

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2012, 06:35 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I just started charting this week - i've been reading as much as i can on the internet and just got TCOYF - but i've got a couple of questions.

1 - i'm a really crappy sleeper and i always have been. I'm up at least 2-3 times a night to go to the bathroom or i just plain can't sleep and will be awake for a few hours at a time.

Question - how much is this going to affect my temps? There's no way i'm alseep for a solid 3 hours before i temp so i'm hoping that doesn't affect my temps too much.

2 - my husbands alarm goes off at 5:30, which always wakes me up. Then i'll doze off till about 6:30 when my alarm goes off. Which time should i temp?

TIA!!
January 18th, 2012, 12:22 PM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey. It will be hard to say how much your restless nights will effect them until you start. I think that movement is the biggest factor in rasing temps in the morning. You might not have too much of an issue if you are consistently inconsistent, know what I mean?

The second question is easier. Temp at 5:30. You shouldnt even have to get up or anything. Mine has a last temp recall before it starts to take your temp so I take it, shut it off, go back to bed and check it when I get up for the day and record it.

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

January 25th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the response!! If anything, i am terribly consistently inconsistent!!

I do think it's really effecting my chart though. I also think i need a new BBT. I bought the cheapest one that was at the store because they were sold out of everything else. It seems to always want to default back to 96.8 for some reason. And even though it's supposed to save my temp it automatically changes the most recent temp to 98.6. So i guess i'm not positive if it's my crappy sleeping habits, or a crappy thermometer!

I'm also confused about my CM. From everything i've read it's right in between sticky and creamy for like 10 days now. Is it possible this is the effects of coming off of birth control? I've read that BC can effect CM.

January 25th, 2012, 11:27 AM
everything can be messed up coming off of O. I would get a new thermometer and wait until the start of your next AF to start using it. You can have CM for that long if you O later than normal.

January 28th, 2012, 04:33 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If temps are a problem, you can pinpoint ovulation just as accurately with CM alone. That's what I do.

Here's some information on how to do that:
http://www.woomb.org/learningBOM/B20...nstruction.pdf
February 3rd, 2012, 10:08 AM
your chart is looking good. FF gave you crosshairs

February 3rd, 2012, 10:24 AM
I know!! It's so ridiculously exciting! I never figured my body would cooperate coming off of birth control the way that it has. Other than my cycle running a little bit long everything seems to be pretty text book!

My CM still seems to be a little masked by the effects of BC, but when i had EWCM that couple of days it was really evident that it was EWCM and that i was ovulating.

So hopefully next month everything works the way it should because that's when TTCing is officially game on!

February 3rd, 2012, 12:45 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How long since you discontinued BC? The pharmaceutical companies recommend waiting 3 cycles before TTC, because the risk of miscarriage is higher when you conceive during that time frame. It's because the BC works to keep the lining of your uterus thin to prevent implantation when conception occurs on BC, so waiting 3 cycles gives the lining time to heal so it can sustain pregnancy.
February 4th, 2012, 06:41 PM
i got pregnant my first cycle off BCP and I had a chemical pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search