Ovulation Question

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2012, 07:18 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Hi ladies, I'm hoping someone can help answer this question. I actually started charting about this time last year when I went off the pill, but I was just doing it to get an idea of what my cycles were like. I wish now I would have put more effort into filling them out and reading them. But anyway, I'm now wondering if I'm even ovulating.

My cycles were always consistent at 36 days, even though they've been longer a couple of times since starting TTC (I'm also not sure what's going on there, but that's not my question). I always see my temp spike early, around CD 12, but I don't get the EWCM until later, around CD 20, and my temps stay low at that point. So am I ovulating early with the temp spike or later when I get the EWCM? I've usually just charted on paper, but when I put my temps into FF this month, it showed I O'ed early at my temp spike, but then when I put in my CM days, it took that off and shows no ovulation.

I've already decided I'm definitely getting OPKs for the next cycle to know for sure, but I was just curious if anyone else has had this and if I should be doing anything else in the meantime?

Thanks!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

February 24th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Any suggestions at all?

February 27th, 2012, 07:39 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry I have been offline with sick kids.

Its a little hard to tell without really seeing numbers. How high of a spike were you having early on? and is it a spike or a sustained rise?

If you were Oing on CD12 I dont think you should be having 36 day cycles.

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

February 27th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks for responding! I hope your kids are feeling better.

It's always a spike right around CD 12, usually between .5 - .7 degrees. But then it always drops completely back down the next day. But I think you're right, I don't think it would be ovulation that early. Especially since I'm now on day 41 this cycle. Hopefully the OPKs next cycle will solve the question.

Last edited by Cassie.S; February 27th, 2012 at 09:53 AM.
February 27th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OPKs help show that ovulation is probably going to happen, but the only way to tell for sure that you're ovulating is to see a sustained temp rise. You can look at my charts for examples of ovulation temp spikes if you'd like. Just click on the ticker in my siggie. Do you have a link to your FF chart you can share? I think it'd be easier to see what you're talking about if we can look at your chart. I've usually ovulated around CD 11 and my cycles have been around 25 days. 36 is very long if you O around CD 12.

Good luck with your TTC journey!

March 1st, 2012, 09:28 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
day 12 isnt too early to o if you have short cycles. I od on day 9 the cycle I got pregnant with my son. but there is no way that you od on day 12 and now are on day 40+.

The previous poster is right, you need a sustained rise not just a one day jump. Do you have an onlilne chart?

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search