OPKs...how fast does LH surge decline after ovulation?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2012, 03:13 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Even if you feel anything other than wetness - like damp, or moist, or sticky (or however you would describe it), record it! It's very normal to feel some wetness before your period, record exactly what you feel! It doesn't mean you're fertile, but it's part of getting into the habit of paying attention to what you feel and recording it. There's a mucus plug that seals off your cervix after ovulation. Right before your period, the plug liquifies and comes out so the bleeding can pass. That's why there's a wet feeling.

So if those days aren't actually dry (meaning nothing felt AT ALL, and nothing seen) - go back and record whatever you did feel or see. Give it a white baby stamp just for the practice. Next cycle you won't have to use baby stamps after ovulation, it's because you're just starting out. To chart it as infertile right now would be to assume you ovulated this cycle, but this kind of charting doesn't follow assumptions. Evidence only! Next cycle you'll have the evidence of ovulation on your chart, so you'll be able to chart it differently.

Does that all make sense?
May 21st, 2012, 04:33 PM
If you want a girl you're actually better off DTD *close* to ovulation! I posted about this in conceiving a specific gender. I read this book The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant (which is great overall too) -- it talks about all of the studies showing that the opposite timing from Shettles actually works better!
May 21st, 2012, 06:39 PM
stilltrying09
Shawna...yes that makes sense. I don't know what the green, red, or white stamps mean with or without the babies on them. I have been dry the past 3 days I've recorded. No wet feeling and nothing to see. I'll continue to try and record the best I can.

Seabiscut...Thanks for the advice. I think at this point because I can't exactly pinpoint my ovulation day, I'm better off DTD every other day from the end of my period until my next period.
May 21st, 2012, 08:03 PM
Then you've recorded it perfectly! Here is a link to the stamp legend, so you know what the stamps mean:
Keeping a Record | Preventing Pregnancy

So the last few days just indicate that you're infertile, since sperm need mucus to survive. No mucus = no fertility.

If you DTD, make sure to mark an "I" on the chart as well.

P.S. Don't know why the link says preventing pregnancy; the stamps are the same whether you're charting to TTC or to prevent. LOL
May 22nd, 2012, 03:49 PM
stilltrying09
Ok, I'll do my best.

Is it true that drinking a lot of water produce more CM?
May 22nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
Definitely. If you're dehydrated, you'll produce less. It won't make you produce CM when you're not fertile though. The production of CM is triggered by your ovarian hormones.
May 24th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Psssst.....be more descriptive. What sensation did you feel during the day, and how did the discharge look?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search