very new and confused as to my chart!

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
New to charting and a little wish I hadnt started because now I am spending all my energy trying to understand it.

I started temping late because I didnt really know about it. I started charting on CD11. The day after I finished clomid.

My temp has been 97.80F everyday except CD 27 which is went to 98.02 F. Because my temp has been the same everyday I started temping at different times during the day to be sure my themometer is working and I get different temps.

I did get a positive OPK test on CD 11. I have not had any days were I would say I had cervical mucus discharge but I dont go internally to check at all. And I have never checked cervial position.

Does it seem like I just always have a higher temp. Or could it be that i did O when I got the positive OPK and that I just started temping to late and my temp will stay high for a few days? Or should there be more flucuation in a normal temp.

So confused.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
May 19th, 2012, 08:01 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can track cervical mucus accurately without having to check inside. It's less accurate anyway because the mucus changes as it flows from inside to outside the body; checking inside disrupts that process. Just try to pay attention to if you notice feeling wet or lubricated while you're going about your day. That's the mucus! One of the side effects of Clomid is that it can a ctually dry up your cervical mucus, so that could also be why you didn't notice any.

As for your temps, I think it's possible that you just started too late to catch the thermal shift. Was CD11 the only time you got a positive OPK?
May 19th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yes that is the only day. I tested and didnt really believe it so I tested again 3 hours later both were positive. Then the next day neg. I am still testing daily and its neg every day.

May 20th, 2012, 11:24 AM
You can get a positive and not ovulate. The positive OPK just means your body is trying to ovulate, only the mucus pattern and temps can confirm if the attempt was successful or not. If you didn't ovulate at that time, it's possible your body will try again later in the cycle.
May 20th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just got another positive today. My back and right overy is hurting a dull thrub. I am very moist but not thick or streachy mucus, but very wet for the last few hours.
No change in my temps though.

May 20th, 2012, 09:23 PM
That moist and wet feeling is the mucus, you're very fertile right now- even if there isn't much mucus to look at. The smallest amount of fertile mucus can make you feel wet, it takes 10 times as much to actually see some mucus!
May 21st, 2012, 02:12 PM
stilltrying09
Wishing...Shawna offered to help me too and I took her up on her offer, so I just started charting too and I'm confused.

I've used OPK's and they kinda help...it seems that I ovulate on CD14 or CD15 every month according to the OPKs, BUT I seem to NEVER have CM unless I'm just not paying attention.

The only time in the past I've noticed wetness is from pushing when I use the bathroom. Sometimes there'll be some jelly/sticky looking stuff when I wipe, but it's so inconsistent every month. There's never just CM on my panties.
May 21st, 2012, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How long can you get a positive OPK? I have had one for the last day and a half.

If you BD each day could that be leading to the moist feeling even hours later or is that CM?

May 21st, 2012, 06:21 PM
You can have a positive OPK for a couple of days.

Seminal fluid can cause a moist feeling for about 24 hours after BDing. So yes, that's a factor.
May 21st, 2012, 06:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I did have a small dip this morning in my temp diped to 36.0 from 36.6 everyday.

June 20th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Hey ladies, I also just started charting and this thread has helped me process better how this works so thank you! I am also using OPK too...there is so much to know and learn. I am finding that really paying attention to my body seems to be a huge factor! Thanks for the help!
June 22nd, 2012, 08:07 AM
OP: Clomid can have a negative affect on CM... just a heads up...
Also: be sure you're testing your temp around the same time every day ... before you get out of bed in the morning... before you go to the bathroom or anything!! And after at least 3 hrs of sleep. The more consistent you are, the more accurate your chart will be.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search