Why is this happening?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Regular
Hi ladies! I am new here, and I feel really chart-dumb after reading some of these threads!

I am so confused and irritated, I am wondering if someone could think of a good explanation.

Okay, I chart manually, so I can't link. I also still bf, and so I don't really temp every day, so that part is out the window.

Heres the deal- my cycles have been 31 days the past few cycles. Today is day 24 and I am spotting, just barely. Like, I wouldn't have noticed the tiny pink spot if I didn't inspect every time I go to the bathroom, you know? Anyway, I do have some boob soreness, which I was just attributing to my LO self-weaning, and now I think I feel a little crampy. I ovulated on day 15, so I should not be starting AF for another 6 days or so. However, I don't see how I can be pregnant, as the only BDing we did was on CD 10, 4-5 days before O. (I did have fertile mucous, but still 5 days??) I had light spotting on CD 13 (egg release?).

I did temp this morning, and my temp is 98.6, which is normal, but it is usually lurking around 96.8-97 as I have had some thyroid issues lately. That being said, I have been making some nutrtional changes that have helped with that so maybe my temp is just back up to normal now.

Anyway, why am I spotting? I hate AF. So much.

Summary-
31 Day Cycle
CD 10 BD
CD 13 Light Spotting
CD 15 O (couldve been CD 14, not 100%)
CD 24 Light Spotting

Thank you in advance!

June 11th, 2012, 12:40 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sperm can certainly live in your body up to 5 days (sometimes even a bit longer) if fertile mucus was present at the time of intercourse. I think there's a decent chance that this spotting is related to implantation. Implantation generally occurs 7 - 10 days after ovulation/conception.

Spotting can also occur during the fertile phase. It can happen at the beginning as estrogen first begins to rise, closer to ovulation, or in between! That's probably what was happening on CD13.
June 11th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Regular
I guess I would just be really shocked if I am pregnant from a really un-"frisky" month. I mean one BD? I guess that's all it takes....now off to psych myself out with symptoms! lol

June 11th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Yup, one BD is all it takes if you've got fertile mucus. Keep us updated!
June 12th, 2012, 02:08 PM
The thing is, did you ovulate on day 15, or did your temperature start shifting on day 15? There is a difference, because the time of ovulation can only be determined in retrospective. Generally speaking one says ovulation can be assumed about 2 days prior to the temperature shift.
Some women, however, might ovulate earlier than that because their temperature needs longer to react to the progesterone, hence it rises later after ovulation than one would normally expect.

So, assuming your temperature shift was CD 15, ovulation could have happened as early as CD 13, assuming you react normally to the progesterone. Hence there would only be three days between BD and ovulation. You also reported light spotting on day 13, which can be caused by the ruptured follicle and also accounts for a very, very fertile mucus.

I mean, I have no idea how bad it would be for you to be pregnant right now or if that is exactly what you are looking for, but I guess right now all you can do is wait and see.

*hugs* keep us posted!
June 12th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Regular
Sorry if I was confusing, I don't temp every day, as my LO still nurses occasionally and that throws my temps off. I just noticed after O my temperature was higher on sporadic occasions than normal.

Now I am thinking either I O'd on CD 13, and am now preggers, or I O'd on CD 13 and I am now experiencing and early-ish AF, which is what I am leaning toward... today I am broken out, irritable and crampy.

We are NTNP, and were going to start trying end of the summer, so if it happens a couple of months early no biggie! However, I am really feeling AF-ish.

June 14th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Temps are cool, but they are just extra information. You can tell just as much from a good understanding of how to read the mucus pattern.

When are you testing???
June 15th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Regular
Well, AF has reared her ugly head today, on my birthday no less. I guess I did O earlier than I though, must've been CD 13 or so, and no idea why I spotted on CD 24...perhaps my body enjoys constantly entertaining the thought of possibly being pregnant grrrr!!

Thanks for the help ladies. Now I am off to enjoy my week of fun that came a few days too early. ha.

June 15th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Ugh, sorry to hear about AF.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search