fleshy pieces in cm?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ShawnaCAN
  • 1 Post By ShawnaCAN

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Hi all, I could really use some insight.. I've been googling all morning and can't find anything online that sounds like what I'm experiencing and was wondering if anyone had the same...
I've been recently checking my cervival mucus to try seeing when my fertile time was and a couple day ago when checking (TMI!) when i pull my finger out there is some creamy almost lotion like cm on it but there were also little white fleshy pieces that kind of resembled tissue paper (I'm sure its not tissue paper though lol). I've continued noticing these very tiny pieces but just last night while checking there was a longer piece of this white fleshy thing mixed with my cm and it is just worrying me a little. My husband and I have been TTC and i was thinking last month was our month bc i got irregular spotting that i thought was implantation spotting but then my period came a week later (it was shorter than normal and a week earlier, so now I'm also thrown off when my next cycle will be, I'm guessing its due again next week sometime, if that has any importance in where my cycle is with what this strange fleshy thing is)
Sorry for writing a book lol!!

Thanks Erica xxx
June 11th, 2012, 01:36 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If the pieces are white and chunky, it could be a sign of a mild yeast infection. Do you have any other signs of that - itchiness?

It could also just be thicker pieces of CM. During the infertile parts of the cycle, some women observe a thicker/chunkier type of CM. This isn't fertile. It just comes from little pieces breaking away from the mucus plug that seals off the cervix when you're infertile. When you're fertile, the plug liquifies and comes out as more fluid mucus is produced.

Also, internal exams are not the most accurate for determining the fertile time. During the infertile parts of the cycle, the CM goes through important changes as it passes from inside the body to outside. Going in to find it disrupts this process and can make you think you have more fertile days than you actually do.
ericat1989 likes this.
June 11th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I don't have any other signs of a yeast infection, itchy burning or smell so I don't think it's that. The pieces are really thin almost transparent white pieces that look and feel kind of like flesh and it is mixed with the regular cm that I get. I've only been checking for the past 3 months but haven't noticed this before.
June 11th, 2012, 04:25 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CM doesn't always stay exactly the same. Every cycle is unique, you can have different types of CM in different cycles. Could just be a new thing for you this time!
ericat1989 likes this.
June 18th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Just an update..still no period yet fingers crossed it wont show lol but I'm not sure if I'm late or not now...since the last bleeding was 4 weeks after my last period and my regular cycles are 5 weeks apart i was figuring that my period would either start at the end of last week (to go with 4 weeks apart) or the end of this week (back to 5 weeks apart)? Idk if I should test yet or not, I don't want to get my hopes up
November 17th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Ericat1989, can you update as to whether or not you got your BFP that cycle? I am having the exact same lotiony CM with tiny white bits that you described, and I've never had this before. Also no itching or burning or odour, so I'm thinking it's not a yeast infection. I've never had a yeast infection before though, so I can't be sure. But the pieces are so tiny and almost seem like disintegrated toilet paper, just as you described. I'm worried it might be something wrong, but I'm also hopeful it might be a pregnancy sign. If you don't mind, it would be very helpful if you updated to let us know what it turned out to be.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search