Ovulating and achieving pregnancy without temp shift (long)

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2012, 05:42 AM
baabaamilker's Avatar Veteran
I wanted to share my story and what we are going through TTC right now. In case someone else finds themselves in the same shoes.

A little about me right now. I'm a Momma of nine kiddos (I love being a mom). I'm soon to be 34 years old. I've not had any trouble conceiving babies until about 2-3 years ago. I have had sporadic miscarriages but I was always able to conceive without trouble shortly after that.

I was never a dedicated charter until I began having recurrent miscarriages about 2-3 years ago. I knew something was wrong.

After baby #8 I never did get a cycle but did get pregnant the first ovulation I had after weaning baby. That one ended in a miscarriage as well as the next two, which were all back to back. All miscarriages were about 21-26 days long. The only way I knew for sure I was pregnant was because my husband did a blood test for each one at home. He's a previous phlebotomist.

I also wanted to mention that for these miscarriages I did get temp shifts but not until around day 4-5 dpo. Since I hadn't temp. charted before these miscarriages I have no idea of what normal was for me.

We were forced to take two cycles off for a vacation and overseas move. It turned out to be a good thing for us I think. On the following cycle I began to take Vitex, ovulating on day 11. I conceived and was able to carry our 9th baby.

After baby #9 weaned I got pregnant again on the first ovulation and again miscarried. I followed that with another consecutive miscarriage which I attempted to support with progesterone cream, but realized the pregnancy just wasn't right. I began taking vitex again this cycle (this being my third since weaning) and we were planning on avoiding getting pregnant to let my body have a bit of rest again. However, we were caught by surprise when the vitex caused me to ovulate on cd7, and I was only able to see EWCM the following morning. All of these cycles have had no clear thermal shift. My last miscarriage did not even have a shift until 15dpo. So far I'm on 9dpo with no temp shift, just a lot of jumping around. All things considering (early ov, and no temp shift) I figure this one will follow the way of the last several miscarriages.

The two miscarriages since baby #9 have fallen in the 21-25 dpo range as well and all were detected by a home blood test.

I wanted to share this though as I have found very little information about people who ovulate but who do not have the temp shift. I am one of the lonely only that ovulate and achieve pregnancy but do not have the temp shift, though they've all ended in miscarriage.

I've found a doctor who will support me with natural means and methods, but she is German (we live in Germany with the military), and is on vacation for another 3 1/2 weeks. I'm looking forward to what information and wisdom she can bring to the front on my issues. In the mean time I've been self diagnosing and treating with herbs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search