I ovulated!!!!

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By bellabri287
  • 1 Post By bellabri287
  • 1 Post By LifesGood
  • 1 Post By bellabri287

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2012, 12:19 PM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
I just needed to share my utter disbelief and excitement!

I ovulated!!!

My Ovulation Chart

That is all
August 9th, 2012, 03:37 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
August 9th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Twin Mama
I'm looking at your chart and I dont see it. I dont think you did, I'm sorry.

Why was your temp on the Wed. 8th discarded? It follows the pattern of your other temps being up and down. So, unless there is a real reason for it being discarded other than trying to get crosshairs... it shouldn't be discarded. You CM doesn't line up at all either.

Based on FAM rules your CL should be at 96.5 and thats discarding your 97.0 right before 'ovulation' since it's so high. Even then you have 2 temps above you CL, 1 at your CL and 1 temp below. I think you need a few more days of a solid rise or sustained temps above your CL before you can confirm ovulation. Sorry, you can disagree with me, that's just my 2 cents from my own charting experiences.

Are you fresh of BCP? Is this your first time charting?
Keakie likes this.

August 10th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the input i really appreciate it!

I discarded the temp because i took it at a different time to what i usually do, so i wasn't sure how accurate it would be. If i happen to wake up earlier than my alarm, will it make a big difference or must i count that temp in still?

I removed my CM analyzer now as i don't think I've been doing it properly...
I read that you need to check it at the same time everyday? or doesn't it make a difference?

I came off BCP in January, had my first AF since BCP on 9 June. It is my first month charting so im trying to figure it all out still.

Thanks again, appreciate any input
August 10th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Twin Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean93 View Post
I discarded the temp because i took it at a different time to what i usually do, so i wasn't sure how accurate it would be. If i happen to wake up earlier than my alarm, will it make a big difference or must i count that temp in still?
Actually you should still use that temp as long as you got 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep prior to that. You would just adjust the temp using an online BBT adjuster. like this I personally don't like adjusting temps taken over 2 hours before my schedule temp time, so if that's the case I would discard it.

Quote:
I read that you need to check it at the same time everyday? or doesn't it make a difference?
nope, you check CM throughout the day and chart the most fertile you see. if you were creamy all morning and then at 3pm you saw ewcm, you chart ewcm even if it goes away later in the day.

Quote:
I came off BCP in January, had my first AF since BCP on 9 June. It is my first month charting so im trying to figure it all out still.
it sounds like your body is still adjusting to being off the pill. it takes some women months even over a year to have a regular cycle after BCP. i got off them in october and still do not have a consistent cycle every month, but it's getting better. charting is making it so much easier to know when to BD and if my body is ovulating, sometimes it tries and fails like it did last month.

looking at your temp this morning I would stick with you havent ovulated, as it's below where your CL would be following FAM rules. how has your CM been, did you ever see fertile CM?

i want to suggest a book to learn more about charting and using at as a way to TTA (avoid) pregnancy as well. its called Taking Charge of Your Fertility, it's a wonderful book that taught me so much about charting and my body in general.
Keakie likes this.

August 12th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Great! Thanks so much for all of the info!

From next month i will switch to temping vaginally as i think sleeping with my mouth open is causing my temps to be so erratic! So hopefully that will help to show a more consistent chart.

Will hunt down that book asap
August 27th, 2012, 08:46 AM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just noticed how lng ago you posted this. your temps are really choppy and 99 is boarderline fever. I am not sure the Chs you have are accurate now

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

August 27th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Hi there!

The 99 is an incorrect temp, it is the default temp of my thermometer. I just left it there because if i discard it removes my O date and crosshairs completely (but if i leave it there, making it either above coverline or below my crosshairs still stay, make sense?). O is either the day that it says on the chart or 1 day ahead. I know my temps are SUPER rocky, will be swopping to vaginally from next cycle.

My Ovulation Chart
August 27th, 2012, 10:01 AM
If you know it is inaccurate i feel like it needs to be discarded. i understand that without that temp you dont have crosshairs, but if its innaccurate and you remove it I dont feel that you have Od yet hun
Keakie likes this.

August 27th, 2012, 02:16 PM
No, it doesn't matter what the temp is, even if its the lowest temp of all. My temp was definately SOMEWHERE on my chart, so ill leave it right there
Without that temp i still have a thermal shift so until my temp takes a plunge, I'm assuming I've O'ed.. I'll just be one less dpo than what FF places me.

Thanks for your input though

My Ovulation Chart
August 27th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Twin Mama
I'll be curious to see how your temps progress over the next few days, as of now I have to agree with LifesGood that it doesn't look like you for sure ovulated. I see an overall trend thats higher than the previous temps, but nothing thats 100%clear based on the rules of charting. If you charted your CM a little more it may be better for getting a clearer picture too.

I would also discard the 99.0 as well because it's obviously wrong. Just keeping it there to retain CH's for ovulation is kind of cheating yourself. If you really did ovulate and temps and CM show it, you should get your CH's back. You can trying changing FF to using ovulation detector method to FAM to see if you get CH's. You have two temps below your CL after O, that shouldn't happen that often/if ever if you really ovulated. Unless the issue is how you temp, which like I posted eariler could be the issue with your temps being all over the place. That's probably another reason FF won't give you cross hairs if you remove that 99.0, you have multiple temps below your CL and that's against the rules of charting ovulation.

Right now it looks like vaginal temping should be much more stable for you, I look forward to seeing that chart. GL though, hopefully in a few more days you wont need to chart for 9 months.
Babybear4 likes this.

August 29th, 2012, 06:47 AM
I do see an overeall trend happening now and I hope it keeps for you. I would discard the 99 just to see if the chs stay now. they might change to a few days later.

either way I will be watching

August 29th, 2012, 10:33 AM
When i discarded the temp today, it changed my O date to CD 47. But when i changed the detector to FAM settings it keeps O at CD 42.
Temps for the past 3 days have been so stable (such a nice contract to the rocky temps!!!!)

So what do you think? Is FAM detection better to stick to or Advanced?

I bought a new BBT today for when i do switch to vaginally, and i used the old one and took an oral temp, then used the new one for a vaginal temp and vaginally was .3 higher. Can i not just switch to vaginally now and bear in mind that there is a .3 difference? or does that difference vary throughout the day?

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by jellybean93; August 29th, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
August 29th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wait, what do you mean throughout the day? Is that when you're temping?

You should be temping after 3 consistent hours of sleep, around the same time every morning, before getting up to do anything.

August 29th, 2012, 11:29 PM
No haha! ofcourse im doing it as soon as i wake up at the same time

What i meant was, i just decicided to test it for curiosity sake in the afternoon (the vaginally vs orally) and there was a .3 difference in the temps. So, would there be a .3 difference when i wake up in the morning too or not necessarily?

Sorry, i did word that all terribly!

My Ovulation Chart
August 30th, 2012, 03:14 AM
no no no dont change methods part way through. if you start another cycle if you dont catch an egg this cycle then start temping with the new thermometer

i think you definately Od. I would feel the 19th myself

August 30th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Really? Was kind of thought it would be 20th going off CM. But it would be MUCH better BD wise if I did O on the 19th because we DTD 2 days before and night before. If O was infact on the 19th that would make me 11 dpo... I broke my no EPT's policy this morning and it was negative (I just needing to pee on SOMETHING! Hahahah!) But it was BFN, think its too early or am I most likely out? This 2ww has definitely been one of the most challenging ones for me due to all the magical "symptoms" my brain has so nicely fed me with!!

My Ovulation Chart
August 30th, 2012, 09:05 AM
we are definately our own worse enemy sometimes... wait and see for a couple days good luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search