Not sure I agree with FF

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2012, 04:06 AM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
Why did FF put my cross hairs at CD15 instead of CD14? I know you need the 3 higher temps, but it was steady rising after CD14.

I know it probably doesn't make much of a muchness, pretty sure I am out this month anyways. But I am worried AF starts on the 5th instead of the 6th and messes around with cycle averages in my charting. (making my LP this cycle 11 days instead of 12)

Since I didn't catch a + OPK this cycle, it makes it harder to determine if I agree with FF or not.

Do you think FF is correct?

TIA

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
September 3rd, 2012, 05:36 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
From what i understand, you need 3 temps higher than your previous 6.
So, if O was on CD 14, that temps wasn't higher than your previous 6, but CD 15,16 and 17 were, confirming O.

What is your chart setting? FAM or advanced? Im having a similar problem (FAM says one O date and advanced says another *pulls hair out*)

But, its not over til AF shows, so you're still in it!

My Ovulation Chart
September 3rd, 2012, 06:01 AM
My FF is set to the Advanced setting. I have never tried the FAM setting. I was looking at that now on FF for an explanation.

I know I need the 3 higher temps and the temp on CD15 was at coverline basically, but I just thought because the temps kept rising after that, that FF would see CD14 as O date.

All I can do is wait and see what happens over the next few days I suppose

Not having any symptoms to make me think I am pg other then really bad cramps for the last 6 days (yesterday no cramps). And plenty of - HPT, bummer!

I see you're also still in, good luck!!

September 3rd, 2012, 06:14 AM
Out of curiosity I changed my default setting to FAM, but it didn't change anything on my chart at all

Once you can go to VAG temping you might see a more steady chart, which would be so much easier for you. Looking at your chart I want to say I think you O'd on CD49, what setting are you using for FF right now (the one I see now has you at 15DPO)?

September 4th, 2012, 02:03 AM
You're only 11 dpo today, don't get put off by BFN's!
As far as my understanding, its not the temp dip that confirms O but rather the 3/6 temp shift. Even if there was a rise on CD 15, it was still not higher than your previous 6. But, i could be wrong? lol

For you, changing to FAM shouldn't change your chart because the advanced method also seems to be following the 3/6 rule of charting...

According to FAM setting, I'm sitting on 16 dpo (what I'm set to now). According to Advanced setting I'm on 11 dpo (with O being on CD 47) I'm not sure how they worked that out because it doesn't follow 3/6 rule in any way lol

I'm just going to wait it out, if i did O later, AF should arrive this weekend so I'll just be patient But yes, i cannot WAIT to change to vaginal temping! This chart looks like a heart attack more than anything

My Ovulation Chart
September 4th, 2012, 02:15 AM
I looked at your chart now and I see what you mean. Sjoe that must be so confusing for you, LOL!

Well your temps are up and down, but your most recent temps are staying UP, so that may just be a good thing

Will keep my FX'd that AF stays away and you get your BFP!!

September 4th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing my elevated temps! haha!

Thank you and I'll be keeping my FX'd for you too!

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search