New to All This

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Hi guys! I'm Becky. I'm new to all the charting/temping/driving myself crazy stuff, but not new to being a mom.

I'm a full time mom to two little boys (almost 5 and 3 1/2) and I go to school full time working towards both becoming an RN and getting my associate's in Health Care Office Admin. Me and my husband decided that on top of all that... we wanted to try for baby #3.

Here's my dilemma. I started temping this morning (97.21... which means absolutely nothing to me haha) and I've signed up for Fertility Friend. I'm on the right track here, I think.

BUT... it wants to know the first day of my last period. That's tricky. I had a Mirena IUD for two years. It was removed on Aug 29th. No bleeding afterward that day. On Sept. 1st I started bleeding heavily. That lasted throught the 2nd and on the 3rd it was light. I have spotted off and on since then, including today.

Do I count Sept. 1st as my period? Or chalk it up to the removal and commit to waiting for a more obvious period to consider it a cycle?

I had posted in the Trying to Conceive board as well, but thought I might get more info here. I probably should have posted here first!
September 6th, 2012, 12:19 PM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hi. i am ttc #3 and got my mirena out Aug 15. did you have any periods while you had it in?

i have only had 3 random days of spotting no signs of a clear AF yet. I would set Sept 1st as your CD1 and keep temping and see what happens

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

September 6th, 2012, 03:10 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The bleeding on Sept 1st probably wasn't a true menstruation, but for the sake of FF - there's no harm in just putting that down as CD1. You don't need to start a new cycle to start charting, you can just start!
September 6th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Yes, I had periods the entire two years I was on it. It was wacky. Some would be a typical month apart and some would be more like a month and a half... then it'd be two weeks later and I'd be on my period again. There was no rhyme or reason to it and since I wasn't worrying about pregnancy, I didn't bother to keep up with any of it.

Sept 1st was very heavy. Ridiculously heavy. But it was very short lived and by the 3rd it was light/spotting. I've been spotting since.

I'm just going to chart/temp. Set Sept 1st as cycle day 1, and hope I ovulate relatively soon! Stupid Mirena, lol! Funny thing... it was my best friend when I wasn't trying to get pregnant!!
September 7th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I feel the same way. I did really well with it but now I cant wait for it to stop influencing me. All in good time. We can be aggrevated together lol

September 9th, 2012, 08:49 AM
k_hall1784's Avatar Member
I'm happy that you posted this. I have the Mirena installed now. We are WTT but I am trying to get a better understanding on how to do things once I get it removed. I want to get things started A.S.A.P

September 10th, 2012, 06:56 AM
from the sounds of it it doesnt start ASAP... if I had known this I would have got my Mirena out 1-2 months before I wanted to start TTC....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search