Ovulation Scope

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Hi All,

I miscarried last month at 6 or 7 weeks. We started ttc again this month and my friend gave me a fertility scope to try out, to save money on buying so many ovulation tests. I was pretty excited to see that it showed a positive for ovulation on day 13,14,15... so we ttc during that time. Now we are on day 28 and the headache/cramps etc without AF led me to do the ovulation scope test again and it shows positive now too... is it likely to just be a pre AF estrogen surge? or could i be ovulating again now? sometimes during ovulation i have cramps etc and usually write down that i feel AF coming...and then its 2 weeks until af appears. This past month during what i believed to be ovulation, i did not have cramps of any kind. Now on day 28 i have cramps, no AF, headaches, and for the past week have had super clear, stringy, almost watery cm. about a week ago i saw what looked like implantation, pinkish brown cm that looked like a mucus plug. but the pregnancy tests are all negative.

my first question is... could i ovulate a second time? 2 weeks later?

if i were pregnant again is it possible to have negative tests, even on day 28? (th emonth of the miscarriage i didnt even know i was preggo because the tests were negative and i had bleeding...i ended up pregnant for 6 weeks until i finally miscarried) im concerned im having some kind of low progesterone issue from nursing my son (he nurses a lot, in comparison to my daughter at his age)

i ask here because i use midwives, so i dont actually have an obgyn yet. if this month doesnt work (we are going on over 6 months of ttc with a miscarriage) i might just try to find a local obgyn to get some answers...

i keep getting worried im losing pregnancies because of low progesterone, or something related to the nursing...
September 12th, 2012, 07:01 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ovulation will only happen once per cycle, you will not ovulate and do it again 2 weeks later.

However, your body can attempt ovulation and fail at it. During an attempt, you may notice fertile signs, have a positive ovulation test - but there will be no thermal shift if you use temperatures and the cervical mucus will not go through a full ovulation pattern. If your body attempts ovulation and fails, it can try again later in the cycle.
September 12th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Thank you, I think thats whats going on. Besides the positive on the scope I didnt have the signs before. But this time i have the clear ew cm, cramps, sore nipples etc.

thanks...
December 22nd, 2012, 11:49 PM
My ovulation scope came in the mail yesterday. When I tried it, there was nothing-definitely just looked infertile. When I tried it later that day, I.BacklinksVault

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search