Flat temps and slow rise...

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I love you forever, Henna
Hi, ladies! I'm currently not TTC but I am getting back into charting just to see if I'm ovulating. This month it seems I O'd on or around CD 11 (bbs have been sore since CD13), but I've noticed with my chart the shift is so slight (and slow) that it's barely recognizable. I use TCOYF and FF and it's more noticeable in the first because of adjusting temps. With previous charts, it also seems that I get this obscure pattern, with a second shift around 6-10 dpo. I know there can be a wide variety of chart patterns but I'm wondering if this is normal, or do I have reason to be concerned?
September 30th, 2012, 12:54 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
I would say you O'ed more like on CD 17 to be honest...
There aren't enough temps before CD 11 to confirm O either.
I highly recommend that you do not use the temp corrector at all, it is not accurate and actually throws your chart off (see my chart below for living proof lol!) i have stopped temping until next cycle (whenever she decides to eventually show up!!)

As for the second temp spike.. It is known as a triphasic pattern and can be seen in both pregnant and non pregnant charts. Many woman like to think of it as an implantation spike (when the egg implants a surge of hormones can cause your temp to elevate) but this can happen even when not pregnant too! So i don't think its anything to be concerned about...

On your previous chart i see you had a period of 10 days?! Was there anything contributing to such a long period or are you quite irregular when it comes to the length of your periods?

Maybe try using some OPK's to determine whether or not you are actually ovulating.

Oh and with regards to the spike in temps to confirm O... Many woman don't get a HUGE spike. All you need according to FAM rules are 3 temps higher than your previous 6 temps. Although it is possible to O without your chart looking exactly like this, its still a good guideline to follow.

Hope this helped you a little

My Ovulation Chart
September 30th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean93 View Post
On your previous chart i see you had a period of 10 days?! Was there anything contributing to such a long period or are you quite irregular when it comes to the length of your periods?
That was actually a short cycle... I've had some where I'd spot and/or bleed for up 6 weeks. I have been diagnosed with PCOS, so my cycles have been very irregular lately. Last month and this month seem to be the most normal ones I've had in awhile. I'm almost suspecting that my iron deficiency could've kept it from coming on or being erratic? I don't know, just a theory....
October 1st, 2012, 07:02 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
Ah okay makes sense...

Are you taking anything like Metformin to help with ovulation?
Out of interest, how long ago were you diagnosed and did you find out after coming off the pill? (My doctor suggested that i have PCOS too).

I see that FF has changed your O date to CD 17. Ah i get so jealous of such neat and beautiful charts
When you use the temp corrector, what are the time differences in you waking up? minutes or hours?

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by jellybean93; October 1st, 2012 at 07:05 AM.
October 1st, 2012, 08:45 AM
I've always suspected I had it but didn't get a diagnosis until 2008. They did blood tests and also looked for cysts on my ovaries. They prescribed Nuvaring after my diagnosis but I only used it for three weeks, then stopped because of side effects. Other than that I've never taken any other form of hormonal birth control (just condoms). And I did take Metformin for about a week but stopped that because of nasty side effects, too.

And yeah, I did an override to show what I thought my O date was in FF. I'm really thinking I o'd earlier than both FF and TCOYF are predicting, but I'm leaving them as is. All my temps were taken between 8:30a and 10a, usually around 9 or 9:30. FF isn't adjusted at all, but TCOYF is... And it does seem a bit more smooth (I'm known for getting flat temps).

But my main reasons for suspecting CD11 are the sore bbs, which started around CD13, and also the EWCM I was experiencing at the time... I don't know, though. I'll be interested to see when AF starts. It definitely feels like she's on her way!

Last edited by Peachie30; October 1st, 2012 at 08:53 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search