New to BBT- need help

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Hi Mommies

I have been to trying to concieve for a year now, with no success. Recently I started charting my BBT & I am confused with the drastic changes in my temp daily. Below is my temperature reading, please have a look & let me know whether I ovulated this cycle , if so when & whether implantation occured followed by ovulation. I am not in a medicated cycle this month.

CD1 - 97.26
CD2 - 96.5
CD3 - 96.72
CD4 - 97.02
CD5 - 96.92
CD6-96.14
CD7-96.87
CD8-97
CD9-96.95
CD10-96.85
CD11-96.47
CD12 - 96.84
CD13 - 96.41
CD14-97.47
CD15-96.47
CD16-96.38
CD17-96.73
CD18-97.22
CD19 - 96.48
CD20 - 96.8
CD21-95.71

Please please reply with your thoughts, I am waiting here.

Have a great day. Thank you

My fertility chart is in the following link, please check it out

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4031ca

Last edited by danny29; November 24th, 2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Added chart
November 26th, 2012, 01:48 AM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
How many days are your cycles or do they vary a lot?

I personally don't see any indication of ovulation on your chart (but that doesn't mean you haven't)

Your temps are sort of all over the place. Are you mouth temping or vaginal temping? And are you using ovulation tests at all?

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
November 26th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Hi Laura,

Thanks for your reply

I used to be regular, but now and then I used to get AF one or 2 days before or late. Yes even I am confused whether I ovulated or not. But a question to you as I am new to BBT charting, I have a sudden rise on temperature on day 14, does it mean I ovulated on day 13? On day 21, there is a deep dip im temperature I am assuming it's implantation but not sure.. What you feel? Finger's crossed Also there is no consistency in my temp it raise & fall most of the time, what does it mean?

I use mouth temping. Yes I do use OPK but it doesn't show +ve anytime this month but i had EWCM on day 13,14 which i considered as fertile days.
November 26th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Unfortunately 1 temp doesn't indicate much at all. In order to confirm ovulation you need to see a sustained temp rise with 3 consecutive temperatures higher then the previous 6 temperatures. With the cm you are experiencing it seems like your body might be getting ready to O.

As for the erratic temps, do you temp at the same time every day after a minimum of 3 hours steady sleep? Also you could be a mouth breather (meaning you sleep with your mouth open) and this could cause your temps to be all over the place. I hope you are successful this month, but if you don't get your BFP and continue to BBT you may want to consider vaginal temping.

Are you using your OPK's in the afternoon?

November 30th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Hi Laura,

I just want to let you know that I took my Progesterone level test on Day 24 and to my surprise it was very low at 0.7. My doctor said probably I did not release any egg this month because it was around 21 last month. I am really frustrated hearing this, because when ever I checked my Progesterone level I had very good numbers with out being on any medication.

But now I am confused because BBT charting says I ovulated on Day 22 only, that being the scenario taking a Progesterone test on Day 24(2dpo) will show a false numbers only. Typically we need to wait for 7 days past ovulation to take Progesterone test which confirms ovulation.

Also I want to hear from you, if progesterone level is low does it delays my AF coming in. ???? My doctor said it might delay your period this time & if I am not getting my period anytime in coming 2 weeks, then probably I would need to call my nurse to take some medication to induce AF. Actually my AF is due today, still I didnt get it but I have continuous lower back ache for hours now which is never had before AF. Do you think I might be pregnant. Please share your experience.

Thank you...
December 4th, 2012, 10:37 PM
You could be having an anovulatory cycle, although it is true you may have had your progesterone test done too early.

It has been a few days since your last post, do you have an update?

December 5th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Hi Laura,
Hope you are doing good. Still I didnt get my AF, even don't have any signs of getting it other than being so tired and sleepy. I am already 5 days late on my AF. THis is my first cycle being so late in getting my period. Since I didnt take BBT same time every day, I couldn' rely on BBT charting results. And as you said, If I ovulated late it Prog level results may be negative. I am planning to wait for few more days to take a pregnancy test & if nothing I need to call my doctor office for prometrium.

I wanna ask you, is it possible for me to be pregnant at this low prog level. I have read somewhere that prog level can be low & HCG can be high for few weeks and we always needs to take progesterone tablet to increase is it true? Pls pour your thoughts.
December 5th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Your temps after cd21 seem to be more consistant, and if this is not an anovulatory cycle, I would say you probably O'd on CD21 and are now around 11DPO. Which also means that your progesterone test on the cd24 would have been too early for an accurate result.

Take a test in 2 -3 days if your AF doesn't show. Please keep us posted, hope to hear good news from you soon

December 6th, 2012, 07:24 AM
I couldn't rely on BBT charting since I didnt take at same time everyday. But would be more happy what you said is true. Yes even I see some consistency in my temps after day21 so hoping that I didn't have anovulatory cycle this month.

Sure, I am planning to wait for few more days before I take a preg test because I am afraid of negative result. I will definitely keep you posted. I still keep my hopes high... Fingers crossed.. Lets wait & see..
December 7th, 2012, 12:49 AM
for you!

And definitely keep us posted

December 9th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Hello everyone

Happy Sunday to you all..

Please see my chart as of today., let me know what you guys think? I am already late on period, took 2 preg tests & still it shows BFN. Can i keep any hopes. ??Please share your experiences.

Thank you very much

4031ca Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com

FYI - No signs of either AF or pregnancy. So just wondering whats going on inside.
December 9th, 2012, 11:00 PM
I am curious to see what your next couple of temps look like after your higher temp on the 9th.

You should wait maybe another 2 - 3 days and test again if AF doesn't show. Your chart looks good

December 19th, 2012, 10:00 PM
thanks for sharing..!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search