new to charting and need help, im confused :/

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2012, 07:53 AM
so this may get long but i would appreciate any feed back. Thanks in advance!

I'm 27 and dh and I are ttc #3. Ive never charted my o but am pretty in tune with my body and have a rough idea of when it happens. My cycle averages 25 days and I'm pretty sure I o fairly early in my cycle. I've just started using opk's and attempting to chart cervix and cm. My af started on Nov. 26 and ended Nov. 30th, I started opk's the next day (Dec. 1st) ok so here it goes.

Dec. 1st- no line

Dec. 2-3- faint line, and her but whenever i wiped it felt as if i was pulling stringy, slippery stuff with it. I didnt really no better to look/touch it though..

Dec. 4th- line was darker but not +, dh and I bd'd and again but it felt as if i was aroused even though i wasn't, felt as if we had used lube straight away

Dec. 5th- line was ALMOST as dark, later that morning it felt almost as if i'd wet myself but i didnt it was just that wet. Later in afternoon i suddenly felt flushed-almost feverish but wasn't sick. I checked my c,cm and i couldnt feel my c but maybe didnt go high enough. My cm was transparent, wet, and slippery. Not sticky or stretchy. I took another opk and it OBVIOUSLY +. Later that night my bb started hurting pretty bad(this is what i used in the pass as i sign i was either about to o or have o'd) took another opk and still +.

Dec. 6th- opk had lighted a bit and felt crampy. As day went it go worse so took another opk and the line turned dark before the other had a chance to catch up. Took more throught out the day to see if it would fade but all were the same. Check c/cm that night and could actually feel c- it felt firm like the tip of my nose,and maybe SLIGHTLY open(?) cm was slightly cream color and tacky still couldnt really stretch it.

Dec. 7th (today)- still get +opk's the line shows up before the other one, no symptoms today but havent yet checked c/cm

So I'm confused, accordign to c/cm and symptoms i more then likely o'd on the 5th, if opk predicts IMPENDING o, why didn't it + on the 4th or morning of 5th? And if I did already o, why am i still getting positive opk? Am I miss interpreting my c/cm? Also, if I did o, but never had the ewm does that mean the enviroment was sutaible for fertilization?

I'd like to have your opinion because dh and I were only able to bd once and if i havent o'd yet I wont get my hopes up this month. Also, if I'm just now starting the process of O then we may have a chance when he gets back home. And obviously I want to get this figured out so we can have a better chance next month if it doesn't work this time!!
December 7th, 2012, 10:40 AM
grizzy's Avatar Member
I would say you O'd on the fourth considering you felt aroused. Did you have EWCM that day? you didn't say. I also suggest go to fertilityfriend.com and make a chart so it makes it easier for us to determine if you caught the right day TTC. I wouldn't trust OPK's too much since they can be a day off from when you really O'd and make you lose your chance.

December 7th, 2012, 10:53 AM
No I never did experience ewcm, unless thats what i was experiencing on the 2-3rd. Thats why I was a little concerned. Everything I've read said you need ewcm to make baby?! If thats true, then even if I did o, are my chances of conceiving lowered? BTW I took another opk a while ago and it has faded some? Even though I've never done this before it seems that cm is more accurate then the opks, seems everyone gets confused by those things!
December 7th, 2012, 03:17 PM
well after a lot of online looking i think i answered my own ? seems that watery cm IS fertile cm! I checked my cervix and cm and my cervix (I think) is lower then on the 5th, but seem just a bit higher then last night. It is still closed and not much cm at all. I am still getting + opks but i have also read that some people can get + for up to 3 days past O. All in all I DO think I O'd on the 4th or 5th and since we bd'd on the 4th, chances look promising!!! I think I'm officially in the TWW !!!

I have read that the cervix will stay high until af when it once again comes down and opens up OR if your preggo it will get even higher and almost blend in with your vagina soooo I will deff. keep checking!! And even though I'm new here and dont really have "friends" on here I WILL keep updating because I'm sure at one point in time there will be someone else in my shoes with the SAME questions!!

BABY DUST TO ME
December 8th, 2012, 09:28 PM
grizzy's Avatar Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tophersgirl View Post
well after a lot of online looking i think i answered my own ? seems that watery cm IS fertile cm! I checked my cervix and cm and my cervix (I think) is lower then on the 5th, but seem just a bit higher then last night. It is still closed and not much cm at all. I am still getting + opks but i have also read that some people can get + for up to 3 days past O. All in all I DO think I O'd on the 4th or 5th and since we bd'd on the 4th, chances look promising!!! I think I'm officially in the TWW !!!

I have read that the cervix will stay high until af when it once again comes down and opens up OR if your preggo it will get even higher and almost blend in with your vagina soooo I will deff. keep checking!! And even though I'm new here and dont really have "friends" on here I WILL keep updating because I'm sure at one point in time there will be someone else in my shoes with the SAME questions!!

BABY DUST TO ME
After a women O'd the cervix lowers and closes because it's either already done with ovulation for that cycle or she could be pregnant so the entrance is shut as being occupied. I think you did catch your chance to TTC on the 4th and I hope things work out for you. I still wouldn't trust OPK's, just go with your CM gut feeling because that's really telling at the moment, coming from your body if you're fertile or not. Even if your CM can be milky as long as it's watery than it perfect to keep sperm alive for 5-7 days depending how long you experience the CM. Good Luck!

December 9th, 2012, 10:26 AM
so last night i got a weird sharp twinge in my left lower abdomen, it was enough to make me go *** is that! It lasted a couple sec then followed with mild cramping. Also, again , I noticed my nipples and vagina are WAY sensitive. My boobs have continued to be sore off and on and mild cramping off and on. This morning I have been nauseas off and on and am sweating like a pig! I checked my cp and it is higher and MUCH softer and seems SUPER closed up. Yesterday my cm was cream colored and felt like snot haha, but today it watery and just slight color to it? And I am still getting very positive opk's.

In my last 3 pregnancies I was never able to eat pizza, that was always my "early pregnancy test", with my last i ate pizza about 5dpo and got sick, so since it is once again about 5dpo I think we will be ordering pizza tonight!! I'll let you know how it goes!!
December 9th, 2012, 03:18 PM
grizzy's Avatar Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tophersgirl View Post
so last night i got a weird sharp twinge in my left lower abdomen, it was enough to make me go *** is that! It lasted a couple sec then followed with mild cramping. Also, again , I noticed my nipples and vagina are WAY sensitive. My boobs have continued to be sore off and on and mild cramping off and on. This morning I have been nauseas off and on and am sweating like a pig! I checked my cp and it is higher and MUCH softer and seems SUPER closed up. Yesterday my cm was cream colored and felt like snot haha, but today it watery and just slight color to it? And I am still getting very positive opk's.

In my last 3 pregnancies I was never able to eat pizza, that was always my "early pregnancy test", with my last i ate pizza about 5dpo and got sick, so since it is once again about 5dpo I think we will be ordering pizza tonight!! I'll let you know how it goes!!
That sounds like good news the sharp twinge could be implantation. I tested at 11dpo got a very dark BFP which I believe to be pretty early after conception. My first symptoms were sore boobs and a sensitive stomach, just touching it hurt oh and headaches.

December 9th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Well shame on me for checking cp/cm in the morning when i usually check at night. Did my NORMAL check and all is same as yesterday.

But today has really been a turning point for me. The waves of sickness lasted all morning, and my nipples have increasingly gotten more tender as the day has gone by, not as bad as my last pregnancy, but not like af(wich isn't due for another 1 1/2 weeks).

Also my intuition has kicked in and i feel as if i "just know"! Not the- "I think I'm preggo cuz of x,y,z"- but without a doubt in my mind, and my gut know. The only time I've felt like this is when I WAS pregnant! Obviously it's to early to test, but I did take my personal hpt, I ate pizza tonight and puked my guts out! haha I have noticed that with each pregnancy I am able to test earlier, my last I tested roughly 8-9dpo and got my very first, very faint +, so I'll see how it goes the next couple of days and maybe test towards the end of the week!!!
December 17th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Well this past week has been full of ups and downs one minute i feel without a doubt I'm preggo then the next i feel without a doubt af is coming?! Since the last time I checked in, my bb have stopped hurting and started itching? My cp/cm hasnt really changed much at all although it has seemed a bit higher the past couple of day? Af is due in 4 days and I have taken 3 test and all -

Shouldn't my cp be low around this time? Also my cm has been wet and cream and I thought it shouldve dried up? I know everyone is different, but any advice on what the general rule of thumb is?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search