Are my Post-O BBTs too low?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2013, 08:41 PM
I am an open mouth sleeper- I realize that affects them- This is my first month charting- my chart says I ovulated at CD 9 (extremely early) Pre o is showing as 96.8 and post o is 97.5 ? - I read 97.6 and up signifies ovulation....

So has my charting software got it wrong?
June 1st, 2013, 11:11 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I have low pre-O temps and always have.
I temp vaginally and it's always around 97.1-97.7 pre O and then after It's 98.6 but still thats vaginally so it's a degree lower.
i have read it's not a problem.
If you are worried make sure you get bloodwork done like thyroid.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

June 5th, 2013, 09:00 AM
How long are your average cycle lenght?

TTC: 10 months
Me: 29
DH: 32
July 5th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You actually just want a thermal shift to occur and depending on your software or the method you follow that could be something like 0.5degreee F for three consecutive days and a cervical fluid dry up. If you aren't charting CM it would help you out a lot!
July 23rd, 2013, 01:10 PM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
My post-O temps last cycle only went up to 97.8 and that I test vaginally. It is more about the thermal shift than about the temps themselves as Jamie said above. Over the next few months of temping you will come to see your normal bbt.

With regards to the open mouth sleeping... I also sleep with my mouth open and it not only caused my temps to be extremely erratic but also completely unreliable and there was not much point in temping at all really. So maybe just be aware that if you know that you sleep with your mouth open and think it could be affecting your charts that it may be a lot better to switch to taking your temp vaginally (it really isn't that bad as i thought it would be!) FF used to give me multiple O dates when i was temping orally and I didn't O on a single one... Just some friendly input really

My Ovulation Chart

Tags
charting , first time , low post o temps

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search