A couple temping questions.

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By acchickpea
  • 1 Post By jellybean93
  • 1 Post By 85monika

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Is it necessary to temp when AF is around? Does it hurt to take it a little early?

July 5th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You don't have to temp when AF is around but you generally need 5-6 days of temps before you can determine a thermal shift and if you ovulate early you could miss the shift. Plus for me its easier since then I just stay in the habit of temping and I don't forget. I've lately been missing a lot of temps cause I've been having migraines then I forget to start temping again. :/
July 5th, 2013, 12:42 PM
PinkHurricane's Avatar Super Mommy
I just started temping for a full cycle and I plan to temp during AF. I want to have a good idea of what my body's natural cycle is in general!
July 5th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Also when temping during AF its common for you to have erratic temps as your hormones are fluctuating at that time.
July 8th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you.

July 9th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
As this is my first cycle after getting off HBC I am planning to temp during AF probably for six months, to get a baseline of what my temps are like. But I am paranoid like that

July 9th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha me too! i guess i'll continue to temp during AF

July 10th, 2013, 07:28 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's a good idea to temp during AF... This way you can have a better read on your cycle since Day 1 is the start of AF....
If you miss it though it's not that big of a deal.... just as long as you catch a few days prior to your ovulation time which usually ranges from Day 9-15... Everybody is different that's why the range is so vast.... Some could actually ovulate later then that range too!
Anyways... GL with charting! Hope you get a nice baseline...
Just remember that the temps are good to take at a consistent time everyday usually before you get out of bed in the morning.
July 10th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks!

September 5th, 2013, 09:34 AM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have to temp before you get out of bed? Like can I get up and go temp in the bathroom lol? Not sure DH cares to sit there while I temp every morning LOL, and umm idk I think I would feel awkward!

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart

My Ovulation Chart
September 5th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No. lol you have to temp before you get out of bed talk or do anything..

September 5th, 2013, 03:06 PM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
I think it depends on how accurate you want your chart to be, really. I temp during AF but I know of loads of women who don't. I guess its a personal choice but for me I try to make sure I get a good valid temp ever single day so that when O finally shows up (currently sitting on CD48!) I will be able to spot it and won't think "darn, I wish I had those temps!"

Taking your temp earlier than usual could drastically affect it, or it could not really affect it at all. Each person is different in how sensitive they are to those kinds of factors so it is impossible to tell you if it will make a difference for YOU.

WaitinginNJ: You need to take your temp first thing when you wake up. Before speaking, etc. The temp you're trying to record is your resting temperature, it would be best to take it while we are still sleeping but (obviously) we can't because we are sleeping lol so the next best thing is the moment we wake up. This will give us the most accurate reading. Be sure to get enough sleep too, it also needs to be uninterrupted (no early morning bathroom breaks, etc).

Good luck ladies!
wvufan67 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
September 9th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Regular
As far as I can tell you, you're supposed to temp after at least three hours of uniterrupted sleep. Also, I think you don't need to temp with Af, as the temp shift is important at later phase of your cycle.
wvufan67 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search