Faint line in OPK - Help

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Hi!
I'm quite new to fertility charting with OPKs and have some questions.
I usually get a 30 day cycle with O around CD17 and CD18. However, last month I started taking Cod liver oil as prescribed by a naturopath and my last cycle was only 25 days and very light bleeding (I usually have heavy bleeding).

Yesterday I was on CD10 and got a faint test line on my OPK, not a positive, just a faint line. Today I repeated the test hoping to find a stronger line, but... nothing!

Would it mean that I ovulated before (on CD9)? I mean... do you usually get a faint line the day after ovulating? I haven't seen the temperature rise yet, so I'm not sure...

Thanks a million!
September 23rd, 2013, 07:40 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OPK's are very tricky the test line should be the same density/ darkness of the sample line... If the test line is faint it could be the start point of Ovulation or the ending of it... this is why it's good to do an OPK at the same time everyday for a few days to compare the darkness of the test line.

When you say nothing to the test following the faint line do you mean there was no line or the faint line was there and no change? If there was no change I would still test.. it can get darker....

Good Luck!
September 23rd, 2013, 10:06 AM
Thanks for answering!
It's now my CD14 and I still have the faint line (been having it since I started OPK testing on CD10). My temperatures have been 35.9 C for the past 4 days.
September 27th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Opk's can be so confusing. I will often get faint lines multiple times and no ovulation, so i would just wait until you see your thermal shift to confirm it, but otherwise just keep taking one at lunch time every day until you see a positive or a thermal shift. if you really want to catch your surge test twice a day one at 11am, then again at about 3 or 4pm. good luck
November 8th, 2013, 02:21 PM
The test line must be as dark or darker than the control line.

Just keep testing, and test twice a day so you don't miss it. Like at 11 am, and 7 pm

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search