Where is my cramping??

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jellybean93
  • 1 Post By jellybean93
  • 1 Post By 85monika

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2013, 11:57 AM
GingerMomof3's Avatar Regular
Ok, I've said many times that I'm new and totally clueless to charting my fertility/ovulation. Even before I had my Mirena put in, I never really paid attention to my cycle, other than knowing which day I would start. My DH is just as eager to get a BFP as I am, but he's not quite ready to go out and purchase an OPK. Right now he's really enjoying all the "practice" lol and said that he'd really like to just do it naturally and spontaneously for at least a few months. Then if we don't get a BFP, we could go buy a kit. I def get & understand that, so I agreed with him. My concern is that I've read all of the signs and symptoms that you ladies have talked about experiencing when you ovulate. Esp about the discomfort and egg white discharge....I have only had the cramping on the day that I was having a full period (about 4 days after removing my IUD) and I've yet to see any discharge like that. I realize that maybe I haven't O'd at all yet (tho I hope this isn't the case). But is there anyone here that doesn't feel any discomfort at all when they ovulate?

October 26th, 2013, 07:57 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
Yup! Plenty of us don't feel anything You may not even get the egg white cm either! Try and look out for it, and use it as your guide... but it's possible it will take quite some time for your body to regulate after the mirena. You could see multiple patches of egg white cm and not ovulate (your body tries to but fails basically).

Try BD every other day to cover your basis, while you learn your own unique patterns
GingerMomof3 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
October 26th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Thank you, Jess!

October 26th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh yeah! Most people don't notice at all!! No worries. Be sure to look for the ewcm though! It's hard to miss. It's like snot.

October 28th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Regular
I don't get cramps at all, but based on my temps and other signs I do ovulate
October 28th, 2013, 08:34 AM
I spoke too soon, lol. I woke up yesterday with horrible discomfort in my lower abdomen. At first I thought, ok prolly gas (sorry for that image). But then I went to the bathroom and surprise! There was the cm! So, I've got my Fx that I did in fact ovulate! we took care of the bad (twice) just to be sure, lol. I really do appreciate all the responses to my many questions, especially since I don't know anyone wwellyet.

October 28th, 2013, 11:56 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
Fingers crossed for you!
GingerMomof3 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
October 28th, 2013, 02:34 PM
I meant to say that we took care of the "BD", but the dang autocorrect changed it to "bad", lol.

October 29th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Regular
Fingers crossed!
GingerMomof3 likes this.
October 29th, 2013, 08:19 AM
I just went online and did a few ovulation Calculations based on when I started my period. They all say that I *should* ovulate around 11/6. But based on all the signs my body was showing, I just knew I had either ovulated or was going to in the next day or so on Saturday & Sunday? I had the cramping/discomfort and a very noticeable cm? I'm so lost with all of this

October 30th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Regular
Ginger, the ovulation calculators are just stats, don't trust them. Temp if you want to know when you ovulate. Sites like ff and ovufriend pinpoint your ovulation considering your symptoms, not statistics, so they're much more reliable. I recommend signing for one of those, ovufriend is my favorite.
October 30th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Thanks, Monika. if we don't get a BFP this time, we are going to invest in an OPK, so I'll def go and sign up for with one of those sites then. It's so easy to let yourself get all worked up and stressed out over everything when you're TTC :/

October 31st, 2013, 07:23 AM
Regular
It is, but try to enjoy it temping and opks will help you understand what's going on with your body, and it'll be much better when everything clears up, much more exciting!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search