Trouble Differentiating CM? (probably TMI)

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So this is my frist cycle charting so it probably comes down to the fact that im not sure whats "normal" for me. My period lasted for 4 days fine, i was dry the next 3 days and then ever since then ive had kind of milky CM. It looks like watered down skim milk. I had a couple days, that were not right in a row, of egg white cm but other than that every day has been that milky ish CM. Is this normal? or am i confusing creamy cm because of the color when its actually watery cm with a white tint? Im on CD23 and that CM is still here, so if def doesnt seem like im showing the normal pattern of how CM is suppose to be. I guess im just cofused.
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

December 7th, 2013, 11:57 AM
i will say that from cd8 to cd19 with the exception of cd 10 and cd 16 where it was egg white. that it was slightly more thick, not really lotion but not as slippery i guess you could say as the past 4 days. I guess i could just be having a particulary long cycle but that just seems crazy long to me?

December 7th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If its like milk - milky, I consider it creamy CM cause that is what TCOYF tells me. If its clear and watery then that's not creamy cm. If it has stretch to it I count it as EWCM, even if its cloudy or has white in it. The book TCOYF does a good job describing it and has pictures of each.

As for the sensations - dry, slippery, etc. Those tell a lot too which makes TCOYF a better charting software over FF and other softwares. Slippery sensation coupled with watery or EWCM is a peak day and is considered very fertile.
December 27th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Thank you. I was worried because that's very different from my last cycle, and I have not seen anyone else's chart like that. My last 2 periods were VERY light so I've been a bit concerned. I have a appointment with my OBGYN on the 30th. Something just does not feel right.
December 31st, 2013, 03:33 AM
Nothing is TMI.

With that said, CM can be confusing. Have you considered learning a formal method of charting your CM patterns from a certified instructor? Some women have continuous mucus and an instructor can help you determine your pattern (or basic infertile pattern).
December 31st, 2013, 06:37 AM
I hadn't heard of that before..just been doing some reading...although im still waiting on TCOYF from the library

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search