What Brand of Basal Thermometer Would You Recommend?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2016, 08:14 PM
My significant other and I have decided on Natural Family Planning via fertility charting as a form of birth control. I have begun charting my period and now need to start charting basal temp. I am using the fertilityfriend App to chart.

I am not sure what basal thermometer to get. There are so many brands ranging from many different prices.

I prefer one that is accurate as possible.

What brand do you use? Where did you get it? What are you thoughts on it?

Thank you for your response!

Also if you have any text, books, or webistes on natural family planning and charting I would love those recommendations as well

Last edited by Benecca; April 27th, 2016 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Typo
April 2nd, 2017, 08:24 PM
sweetpea0714's Avatar Super Mommy
I just used a Target brand BBT when I was TTC my first. This time, since we have such a narrow window that we can get pregnant with my schedule and since my daily schedule is all over the place and I regularly forget to temp, we splurged and bought the Yono in ear BBT to try. It's an earbud that you wear all night. It continuously tracks your temp every 5 min. and calculates your BBT. I don't use the basal temp that it tells me and instead picked a time that I know I should almost always be asleep for a while (3am) and use the temp at that time as my basal temp for charting purposes. Then, I don't have to remember to temp first thing in the morning before I move. So, I've used thermometers from both ends of the price spectrum and thought both were fine in their own regard. The Target brand oral BBT worked fine for TTC #1. The Yono is working fine so far for TTC #2.
May 17th, 2017, 11:17 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Brand isn't a big deal. As long as it says Basal Body Temperature on the box it should be fine. I have almost always used a store brand.

I no longer chart temps because I don't sleep long enough hours. I chart to avoid though, so let me know if I can help in any way.

PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search