research vs. advanced

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2008, 07:37 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No matter what I put in for the next few days, I could not get FF to give me crosshairs on the CD I think I O'd (CD 16). But as soon as I changed the detector to Research, it gave them right away.

What is your opinion on the research detector vs. the advanced detector?

Do you think my chart is accurate?

March 18th, 2008, 07:43 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you need one more high temp to be sure. As for research vs advanced, I prefer the Fertility Awareness setting. It tends to give the fewest false interpretations, but still not perfect.
March 18th, 2008, 08:04 AM
FAM won't give me ANYTHING tho..... which is so not cool. But I'll go play around with that a bit..

oh, and on research and on advanced, it keeps wanting to move my ch to CD 17, and that puts todays temp at just on the coverline, which totally makes no sense to me. Especially b/c my CP and CM both don't support that as the O date, only temps.

ok, so it seems like the only way the detector won't make my CH on CD17 is if I get a temp as low or lower then today. I guess I'm just confused why CD17 keeps getting CH, b/c I have NO other fertile signs.

March 18th, 2008, 08:34 AM
FAM is more strict, it won't give you CH until you have 3 high temps, you've only got two. It will probably give you CH's tomorrow if your temp stays high.

CD 17 is completely possible and completely within the realm of normal. The last day you experience fertile CM is your mucus Peak day. Ovulation usually occurs on Peak day itself, 1 day after, or up to 2 days after.
March 18th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
Ditto Shawna. Good luck
March 18th, 2008, 09:51 AM
ok, thanks! I guess I'll see what tomorrow brings

March 19th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Good luck hon!!!

March 19th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Had another peek today, I think FF jumped the gun again. That doesn't look like an adequate shift. T think you're still waiting to O.

March 19th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Had another peek today, I think FF jumped the gun again. That doesn't look like an adequate shift. T think you're still waiting to O. [/b]
That's sort of what I'm thinking

But I also sort of think maybe it's just not a BFP chart. The temps mirror my January cycle pretty well, and that was BFN.

I'd rather be waiting to O!

I guess more waiting, and BD

ETA: ok, I added this cycle's chart to the chart overlay, and now I'm even more confused!!!
(my JAN cycle is lower b/c I took the temps at an earlier time.)

March 20th, 2008, 07:07 AM
ok, so I had a big huge spike today!!!

Also, I woke up throughout both nights on CDs 19 and 20.... I'm thinking maybe that's just why the temps stink those days.... I normally wake up 1-2x to go to the bathroom, but I was really restless those two nights.

wdyt?

March 20th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Better!
March 20th, 2008, 10:41 AM
mommy jenn's Avatar Mega Super Mom2Morgan
woot woot!! your temps are looking great!! im hoping for a bfp chart this cycle too after my m/c its funny when you just know when you Od!! good luck and tons of baby dust and sticky dust to you!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search