Got a question??

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
"If you are using CM to confirm ovulation, then you need to see a pattern where:

1. The CM develops and changes over a matter of days, becoming wetter
2. The CM becomes slippery
3. The CM dries up drastically from one day to the next

If all 3 things happen in that order, you can confirm ovulation with CM. If only 1 or 2 of those things happens, then you can't confirm ovulation. The last day of slippery mucus is your fertility Peak. Ovulation usually happens on Peak day, or up to 2 days after the mucus disappears".

I read this in a previous post. My question is...

When you say CM dries up drastically, do you mean that you do not have discharge, or when you check your cervix there is no CM?

March 19th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
It doesn't necessarily mean you have no CM/discharge, it means there is a significant change. Like for me, my normal CM is sticky/creamy, so to go from EWCM to that would be a significant change in CM and would indicate ovualtion has possibly occurred.

Shawna can probably explain this all a lot better, lol
March 19th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No, that is exactly what I wanted to know. I went from EWCM to NO discharge at all, but when I checked my cervix, it was difinitely different. Very thick and creamy. I can see how the little guys aren't able to live in all of that...LOL. We used Pree-seed this time, so I am hoping all of those strong swimmers stuck around to catch that eggie!!

March 19th, 2008, 08:02 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What Jennifer said, a significant change to something much drier is required - but it doesn't have to be total dryness/no CM. However, this is all based on external CM observations.

What you find at the cervix is not the most accurate reflection of your fertility. First of all, there is always some discharge and moisture there. Secondly, during the infertile parts of the cycle the mucus dries up at it passes through the vagina over glands called the Pockets of Shaw. Going in to search for mucus internally disrupts that process and can make a woman mistakenly think she has more fertile days than she actually does.

If you do like having the cervix sign, it's best to check it at the end of the day after you have already made all of you external CM observations for the day. Check the cervix for it's position and firmness, but disregard any discharge you find in there.

Hope that answers your question!
March 20th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
LOL!

Pre-Seed is wonderful....I used it for the first time during the cycle that we got our BFP. I think it just helps that extra added bit. No harm in it!

Good luck to you!

March 20th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks!!! I am dying to POAS...but I am only 8 DPO....I promised myself that I would wait until at least Monday...12 DPO.

March 21st, 2008, 02:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
You have more patience than I did! Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search