Charting and Illness

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I started my first chart last week which was a bad idea from the start because AF was late. Part of me was just hoping to see that I had some sort of raised temp pattern, but right away after starting to chart AF showed up. The on the night of CD 3 of the new chart I came down with the flu. My temp that morning was within what seemed to be my normal range so I left it on the chart. On CD 4 I woke up with a temp of 100.1 so I marked it down and checked the box to discard it. My temp was still a degree above normal on CD 5 and I still felt pretty ill so again I marked it down and checked the box to discard it. Today I woke up feeling better and with a normal temperature so I just marked my temp normally.

My question is how much will this throw off my chart? I already know that it anticipates my cycle to be 38 days rather than the normal 29 because AF was late last month. Was this the correct way to handle illness related temperature fluctuations or should I just let them show?

Also, on a related note, my visit from AF was three days shorter than normal this month. Will that have any impact on my chart or can I just put that worry out of my head?

March 21st, 2008, 02:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
First off, I would mark that super high temp you had as an illness or fever temp, because it's SO high, and not normal for you--I'm assuming that's when you were sick?

Second, I would just keep plugging away at it. I remember several times I charted, I would get sick at the beginning of the cycle, and yes, I would O late, but at least I knew when I Od because I kept charting.

Good luck to you hon!

March 21st, 2008, 05:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, the higher temperatures were when I was trying to get rid of my fever. Thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search