Timing of BBT

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2008, 01:37 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
Hi ladies, I just started a new job today. Until yesterday I was unsure of what my hours would be so I was not able to adjust my timing as recommended. I went from temp'ing @ 7am all cycle to this morning temping @ 4am (which I will have to continue since I'm due to work @ 5). I was expecting a drop but not as much as I got - I went from 98.1 down to 97.7 which is below my coverline. Even now after physically working 6 hours and moving around all day my temp is even lower, only 97.5. I don't think I'm getting sick since I feel fine and got enough sleep.

I'm trying not to read too much into it but it's hard. FF has me @ 5dpo while TCOYF says 6dpo. So I think it's too early for implantation as well, but I'm certainly no expert. What does it mean if my temps continue to stay low like this, is it expected due to my change in schedule or would it be more realistic not to get my hopes up for a BFP this cycle?

March 25th, 2008, 04:19 PM
did you use the temp adjuster on FF to see what they think your temp would have been at your normal time - that might help a little bit.... I would say you going to see a shift because of time but that dosent mean yes or no necessarily in regards to your BFP
March 25th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Jennifer-in-Italy
Well, with a 3 hr difference in temp times, than I would expect to see a difference...to adjust, you would raise it by about .6 degrees(I think, lol..it's been a long time since I manually adjusted a temp). BUT you are supposed to discard temps that are that far off of your normal range...I'd probably just keep temping and not worry too much about the temps this cycle and see what happens.
March 26th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
I wouldn't stress out too much about that temp, just because you took it way off of your normal temp taking time.

Sorry you had to change mid cycle like that! Hope you get your BFP soon!

March 26th, 2008, 12:22 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
Quote:
Well, with a 3 hr difference in temp times, than I would expect to see a difference...to adjust, you would raise it by about .6 degrees(I think, lol..it's been a long time since I manually adjusted a temp). BUT you are supposed to discard temps that are that far off of your normal range...I'd probably just keep temping and not worry too much about the temps this cycle and see what happens.[/b]

Thanks for the advice. I decided to add .5 to every temperature for the rest of this cycle since I am so close to the end of it. My temp was somewhat "normal" this morning without the added points (98.0). Now I'm just worried about making my chart look artificially triphasic! But seriously, I think I will not rely on temperatures too heavily for this cycle with my schedule disruption.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search