New to Charting

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Arien's Avatar Veteran
Hello all! I want to start charting, now that I have a regular sleep/wake schedule and temping seems feasible. I'm not sure how to start. I'm on CD3 right now, so AF is still here. Is it okay to start temping while she's still here, or should I wait? And where can I get a BBT? Can I find those at Wal-Mart, or do I have to special order them from somewhere?

Thanks ladies!

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/11c42c" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 30th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Elliott's Mommy
I got my BBT at Walgreen's, but I think any drugstore, large supermarket should have them!

March 30th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Arien's Avatar Veteran
Thanks!

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/11c42c" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 30th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Jennifer-in-Italy
Welcome! You can definitely start charting now. Your temps may be slightly erratic, but they will settle down once AF leaves. You can pick up a BBT at most drugstores(they are usually near the condoms and preg tests) or online.
March 31st, 2008, 02:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! Charting can be frustrating at first, just stick to it and it gets easier pretty quickly. Most stores that have supplies for "family planning" have BBTs. You can also use a good digital thermometer if it has at least 1 decimal place, you temp orally, and your thermometer is reliable. Whatever kind of thermometer you use make sure you have a backup! You never know when it will break. Also, I recommend FF for learning to chart. They have a pretty in depth system and you get lessons in how to properly chart and read your chart as well as the charts of others. The ladies here also make it much easier!

March 31st, 2008, 09:38 AM
Arien's Avatar Veteran
Thanks ladies. I do already have a digital thermometer, but it only goes to one decimal place. Is that good enough, or would it be better to get one that shows more decimal places? And are BBT's expensive?

I started a chart on FF. They have a great site! Of course, the only thing I've been charting so far is AF, so there's not much to see. Once it gets going I'll post it in my journal.

Thanks again!

ETA: I meant to ask, when should I start checking my cervix and my cervical mucus? I'm assuming I shouldn't do it while AF is here, but how soon after should I start? When she's completely gone, while I'm still spotting, or when?

</a>
March 31st, 2008, 10:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When you start to check CM and CP will depend on when you're comfortable. I mostly check just around O time because I prefer not to, but my OB requested that I monitor things around that time. As far as the thermometer goes FF will only use up to one decimal place so anything more than that is really up to you. I just use standard digital thermometers with one decimal place at this point and it works perfectly fine for my needs.

March 31st, 2008, 10:55 AM
Arien's Avatar Veteran
Thanks! At least now I know I don't need to spend money for another thermometer (unless I want a backup, but the one I have now is pretty new).

</a>
March 31st, 2008, 12:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Hi and !!!!

I would recommend getting a BBT thermometer...they're not very much(probably 7-8 bucks) but they are so much more sensitive. That extra decimal place really makes a difference, in my opinion.

Hope you have great results on your first month charting! Good luck!

March 31st, 2008, 05:35 PM
Arien's Avatar Veteran
Thanks!

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search