We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
1. Please be as specific as possible about what you would like. If you have color preferences, graphics that youíd like to include, quotes, etc. Ė all of these will help the blinkie artists tremendously, and help ensure that you get what you want on the first try. Of course, if you prefer a surprise, thatís okay too!
2. Please limit your requests to three per week on the main board or three per week in the Requests for Specific Blinkie Makers subforum. This insures that more people can get their requests filled.
Please note also that requesting more than 3 blinkies per request is not encouraged. We understand that there are contest blinkies and such that you'd like have match, and those are different circumstances, but please don't post one thread with more than 3 different blinkies in it per week. If you'd like to post 3 separate threads with one blinkie each, that's fine too. We are just struggling to keep up with requests at times and want to make all the blinkies requested within an acceptable time frame.
3. Please post requests only on the main Blinkies R Us board or in an artistís thread in the Requests for Specific Blinkie Makers subforum. DO NOT post the same request in both places.
4. If it appears as though the artist who was working on your blinkie has forgotten, please PM her. Also, be sure to check the Blinkie Pick Up subforum to be sure it hasnít been finished and posted already. If you havenít gotten a response in a few days, please PM a co-host.
5. Please be patient with us! Many of us work and/or have children, so we may take a few days to fill a request Ė especially if itís more in-depth/difficult. We will try to keep you updated as to when you can expect your blinkie.
6. If no one responds to your request, please donít take it personally. If you request a specific technique (glitter, graphics, etc.) or a lot of detail, there may not be an artist available who can do it. Please PM a co-host if it has not been picked up within SEVEN days.
7. Please request only blinkies that you truly intend to use! (Of course, no one can predict whether contest winner blinkies and such will be used, so these are an exception.) Itís a blinkie artist pet peeve when she spends a lot of time creating an extra special blinkie, only to never see it make an appearance in a siggie!
8. If you would like to thank the artist, or would like to make changes to your blinkie, please use the post they made for you in Blinkie Pick Up. This ensures that the artist sees it, and that no one elseís request is bumped down in the process.
9. Please do not bump posts. There is a separate sticky that explains why this is not a good idea Ė check it out!
10. Please do not hotlink! Be sure to save your new blinkie to your computer and then upload it to your own image hosting account.
11. Blinkies are made as a courtesy to JustMommies members. Graphics to be used outside of JMs are beyond the scope of this board and should not be requested. Any request for a print graphic will be removed as most print graphic design is done for a fee.
12. You must have at least 50 posts on JustMommies before requesting a blinkie. Any posts that are made to simply boost your post count will not count towards your 50 posts. We expect members to be participating in Justmommies community prior to requesting a blinkie. You may however snag as many as you like from the blinkie stash to use until you have 50 posts and can request a personalized blinkie.
Etiquette for Artists
1. When replying to a request, please give the requestor a general timeline as to when you may be finished with her blinkie. Unexpected delays happen to the best of us, but please try to keep the requestor in the loop! Please be sure to note in the request post when the blinkie is posted in Blinkie Pick Up as well. Do not post the final product on the main board as this will bump requests downward.
2. If another artist has posted that she is working on a specific request, please do not go ahead and make one as well. Making blinkies is a lot of fun and incredibly addictive, but it can make the original artist feel as though her time was wasted because two people were working on the same request. It also puts the requestor in the awkward position of choosing between the original artist and someone elseís work.
3. If for any reason you cannot fulfill a request that you have Ďclaimedí, please repost the request (and who itís for) on the main board for another artist.
4. It is always a good idea to save a working copy (ie. .PSD format if working in Photoshop, etc.) so that changes will be easier if requested. Once your blinkie has been picked up, itís safe to delete these!
5. Please limit yourself to two requests per day if the board is slow; this ensures that more artists can participate. This is just a guideline Ė if a request has been sitting for several days, if the board is busy or getting behind, of course youíre welcome to take more! Just be sure to leave some for others. smile.gif
6. Very important: if you make a blinkie that has personal information (names, birth dates, photos, etc.), please be sure to remove it from your image hosting site once it has been picked up. Also, please be sure to use a site that allows you to password protect your account, and not a place like tinypic. If you want to have a personal site to display your work, you must have permission from the JMs member whose blinkie you would like to display.
7. If a request has not been filled in one week, it becomes a priority request.
8. Always start at the bottom of the page filling older requests first. If a request is for a specific technique you are unable to do skipping over it is fine.