frustrated newbie :(

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Siggy School LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Hi i have been trying to learn how to do animation. i have pse 7 and cant find a good step by step animation tutorial, im so frustrated and i just cant seem to do it .

if anyone can help me i would be really great full .

February 5th, 2009, 05:53 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
animation in pse is really easy, I broke it down into simple steps for someone else not too long ago. let me find you that post.

eta: here you go
Quote:
to put a frame around the pictures you are animating what you do is merge all your layers down until you get to the frame (now frame layer). then merge everything after the frame down (now background layer). do NOT merge the picture. go about animating your pic the same way as normal then for each new layer the animation creates duplicate your frame layer and background layer. then arrange them so that your layers are like: background-animation1-frame, background-animation2-frame... then merge each set of three.

to make an object or something move, its basically the same. merge al layers above the object, and then merge all layers below, leaving the object by itself. then nudge or move your object a little at a time to create the animation. for each new movement you have to duplicate the object so if you want a bird to move right 15 space (nudges) I would have my original bird, duplicate it, nudge it right 5 times, duplicate it, nudge it right 5 more times, duplicate it, and nudge it right a final more 5 times. so it would now be three layers of birds. duplicate your layer that goes above and below the bird three times, arange like you did with the photo, then merge.
i hope that makes sense and helps! sorry i can't create screen shots at the moment.

(ps. you save as a GIF and select animate.)[/b]
and

Quote:
My tips for animation:
1. never merge layers until you are positive you have a copy of the layers, or that you won't need them again
2. nudge and count. when making something move count how many nudges you want it to move up/down/over and then for each layer that it moves in repeat that number of nudges so your animation moves smoothly. (I usually use 5-10 nudges depending on size)
3. variation. don't just have things move up and down or side to side. throw in some wiggling movements. as it moves side to side make it go up and down just a little. or vice versa. or make things glow/pulse/sparkle.
4. PATIENCE. animation tends to take a little bit of extra time, and it can get very headache-y. just have patience, and if you need to, save your work and take a break.
5. the maximum size for an animated siggy is 200k, which is larger than that for a non-animated one.[/b]
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
February 5th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Quote:
animation in pse is really easy, I broke it down into simple steps for someone else not too long ago. let me find you that post.

eta: here you go
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
to put a frame around the pictures you are animating what you do is merge all your layers down until you get to the frame (now frame layer). then merge everything after the frame down (now background layer). do NOT merge the picture. go about animating your pic the same way as normal then for each new layer the animation creates duplicate your frame layer and background layer. then arrange them so that your layers are like: background-animation1-frame, background-animation2-frame... then merge each set of three.

to make an object or something move, its basically the same. merge al layers above the object, and then merge all layers below, leaving the object by itself. then nudge or move your object a little at a time to create the animation. for each new movement you have to duplicate the object so if you want a bird to move right 15 space (nudges) I would have my original bird, duplicate it, nudge it right 5 times, duplicate it, nudge it right 5 more times, duplicate it, and nudge it right a final more 5 times. so it would now be three layers of birds. duplicate your layer that goes above and below the bird three times, arange like you did with the photo, then merge.
i hope that makes sense and helps! sorry i can't create screen shots at the moment.

(ps. you save as a GIF and select animate.)[/b]
and

Quote:
My tips for animation:
1. never merge layers until you are positive you have a copy of the layers, or that you won't need them again
2. nudge and count. when making something move count how many nudges you want it to move up/down/over and then for each layer that it moves in repeat that number of nudges so your animation moves smoothly. (I usually use 5-10 nudges depending on size)
3. variation. don't just have things move up and down or side to side. throw in some wiggling movements. as it moves side to side make it go up and down just a little. or vice versa. or make things glow/pulse/sparkle.
4. PATIENCE. animation tends to take a little bit of extra time, and it can get very headache-y. just have patience, and if you need to, save your work and take a break.
5. the maximum size for an animated siggy is 200k, which is larger than that for a non-animated one.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Ok i tried that and got to the part where i save it for web and it said it was to big, i resized it and its still to big!
spent ten minutes trying different sizes but to no avail. i just cant do it

I will never be able to do siggy making its to difficult i must be really stupid as you said animation in pse7 was easy

Thanks for your help hun x
February 5th, 2009, 08:28 AM
how many layers do you have? is there any way you can make do with out some of them? also try resizing your siggy, for animated ones I try not to make them bigger than 300x450 pixels, and make sure your settings are at 72 dpi not 300.
February 5th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Hi in the end i just has 2 layers with background animation frame in each
I also resized them so it was 72dpi and 300 x400
I must be doing something wrong somewhere
im just no gd at animation
thanks for taking time to help me
February 5th, 2009, 09:14 AM
if you get on today around say 5 (in about 6 hours) I can get on and try to work with you in step by step with visuals. there's no need to get discouraged, we all started out frustrated, and I'd hate to see you just give up on animation.
February 5th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks
your great
February 5th, 2009, 10:11 AM

I did it

Cant believe it
thank you so much for all your help trish
you rock

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search