Siggy critique please

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Siggy School LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Here it is:

I can see my red flower's drop shadow might need to be fixed up some but I'm too tired to fix it. Any suggestions before I PM it? I wanted to do a text path along the bottom but I'm having loads of trouble. I don't understand the path and adding text. Each time I try to add text (when the cursor changes) the text doesn't show up. I was also thinking about losing the butterfly. WDYT?

Here's #2

Or do you like this text better? I just used regular text and warped it.

with butterfly

February 16th, 2009, 05:15 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
i like the butterfly, but i would move it up higher in the siggy so that the tail isn't just out there.
i would try to brighten all the pics just a tad more.
yes, fix your shadow on the red flower.

as for the text, I was going to say you should do the text on a path for it, what program do you use?
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
February 16th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
photoshop cs2. I looked up some tutorials but for some reason my text won't show up. It shows up in the path and layer toolbar but not in the actual picture. It's weird.
So do you think I should move the butterfly above the name? When I moved it up behind the name it looked bad.

Added #2 in OP

February 16th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay updated a 3rd option for text with and without butterfly

February 16th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Quote:
[/b]
definitly this one. i don't know why your text won't show up unless you have it under another layer that covers it.

i would now up your contrast a little, because when you brightened it for some reason it washed out your whole siggy. I would also add a stroke to your text and a shadow. and i would re-add the butterfly because with the text curved like that you can bring it up some without having it overlap or go under your text. other than that I say it looks great!
February 16th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
definitly this one. i don't know why your text won't show up unless you have it under another layer that covers it.

i would now up your contrast a little, because when you brightened it for some reason it washed out your whole siggy. I would also add a stroke to your text and a shadow. and i would re-add the butterfly because with the text curved like that you can bring it up some without having it overlap or go under your text. other than that I say it looks great!
[/b]
Maybe I'll take some screen shots and see if anyone can help. The layer is on the top so it shouldn't be hidden behind anything.
I have a shadow on the text already, do you think the opacity should be higher? I added a white stroke tho, and I think it looks pretty good.
How does this look?

Sorry if I'm bugging you. Just trying to get better! Thanks for all of your help, especially with pictures. I am still learning playing with colors on pictures.

February 16th, 2009, 07:59 AM
that looks excellent! take some screen shots about the text on a path and send them to me and i'll try to see if i can figure out what you're doing wrong, and if I can't I'll forward them to someone who uses CS regularly (I haven't in a while).

And its not bugging me, its what I'm here for.

You should try out the SSSC.
February 17th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
that looks excellent! take some screen shots about the text on a path and send them to me and i'll try to see if i can figure out what you're doing wrong, and if I can't I'll forward them to someone who uses CS regularly (I haven't in a while).

And its not bugging me, its what I'm here for.

You should try out the SSSC.[/b]
Thanks!
I would like to participate. Do we have to sign up anywhere? Also, how do all of the other contests work?

February 17th, 2009, 05:23 AM
nope, don't have to sign up for anything unless you want to run the SOTW one week, be chosen to be the mystery maker (you make a siggy and everyone tries to guess who made it) or if you want to be chosen for the request used for SSWC.

But to just make a siggy and participate in the challenges you just jump in!

The benefit of the SSSC is that you also get CC (constructive criticism) which helps you improve on the theme/concept I'm having you learn that week.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search