FIRST Siggy... Please cc!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Siggy School LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2009, 07:29 PM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
First of all.... my first siggy... EVER!

If you ONLY knew me .. you would know how absolutely and utterly creative I am NOT! I've tried siggy making 100,000 times in the past 2 YEARS and could never get past step "x" and always gave up .. I just never had the "skills" or the patience to keep trying... it was so frustrating to me.

I finally "got it" .. after sitting here for hours. "got it" meaning... I finished my first ever siggy. Whether it's good or not, is another thing It looks decent to me, I suppose... but I'm my own worst critic and I'm not totally thrilled with it.

I have an *awful* time placing things- not so much papers... but the bow, the flower... embellishment type of things- I stare at my picture for 30 minutes and move the bow/flower around to 100 different locations... yet it never looks quite right. I think I'm over-analyzing. I look at siggy's here from the "pros" and nothing looks in place- it's crooked, funky, all over... yet to me, those look perfect. Why do I have such issues? lol ... does placing things become easier as you learn more and practice?

I'm going to try one tomorrow with a template already in place for me... maybe that would be a better place to start, maybe a little easier for me.

But --- honest opinions... is this somewhat decent?? Can you share what I could have changed or done??? (keeping in mind I JUST learned tonight.. so I might not understand what you tell me but I'll sure try).

Critique me.. please!!!

March 13th, 2009, 07:04 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToAlexis View Post
If you ONLY knew me .. you would know how absolutely and utterly creative I am NOT! I've tried siggy making 100,000 times in the past 2 YEARS and could never get past step "x" and always gave up .. I just never had the "skills" or the patience to keep trying... it was so frustrating to me.
next time ask a question here or PM me or Sharon and we will try to help walk you through it or find someone better able to help.

Quote:
I have an *awful* time placing things- not so much papers... but the bow, the flower... embellishment type of things- I stare at my picture for 30 minutes and move the bow/flower around to 100 different locations... yet it never looks quite right. I think I'm over-analyzing. I look at siggy's here from the "pros" and nothing looks in place- it's crooked, funky, all over... yet to me, those look perfect. Why do I have such issues? lol ... does placing things become easier as you learn more and practice?
oh yeah. with siggy making its the same as with everything else. the more you do it and practice the better and more confident you get. i think working with templates will help you a lot because it will give you an idea of good ideas for placement without having all the stress.

Quote:
But --- honest opinions... is this somewhat decent??
yes, if you don't believe me check out the Don't Get Discouraged post, it has some of the makers first ever siggies.
CC:
I would work on your shadow levels some, because right now they are really big and dark.
I would look in the sub-forum for the program you use and look for a topic that says "Photo Editing in..." and go over that, because as of now your pics are dark and a little blurry, but could be a whole lot better with even a little editing.
I would add shadow also to your papers, bow, and flower. Also I'd make the bow and flower bigger.
Lastly, not sure if you meant to do this, but your stroke does not go all the way around one of your pics.
March 13th, 2009, 10:18 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
congrats on your first siggy!!! looks so much better than my first siggie i had ever done LMAO....you did a good job and everything looks set right! sometimes i still do that i will move objects 10,000x before i think it looks okay and sometimes even then i dont like it LOL....just gotta keep at it!

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 14th, 2009, 07:13 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto the cc that Trish gave. This is a great first siggy! I really like the spring-y colors you choose.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

May 20th, 2009, 07:28 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
REALLY late at responding, but wanted to let you know I didn't give up and listened to your advice. Sometimes everything is hard for me to understand.. since I'm kinda new at it, but I THINK i'm getting better

May 20th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
You should participate in our Siggy School challenges! They have really helped me out. You're doing great and kudos for not giving up!! (if you look in the Don't Get Discouraged post that Trish linked, you'll see how bad my first siggies were )

May 22nd, 2009, 08:00 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I forgot we had that post! It's great to see how much you can improve! Your newest siggy is adorable!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search